Thread: Why does Star Wars The Old Republic launcher asking for the administrative access?

Why does Star Wars The Old Republic launcher asking for the administrative access?

As the title of this particular thread is saying what query I am having to ask. Recently I have installed Star Wars The Old Republic on the computer of mine. as I am trying to launch the launcher in the game and it is asking for the administrative access whenever I am trying to launch the game. any help on this particular matter will be highly appreciated.

Re: Why does Star Wars The Old Republic launcher asking for the administrative access?

After going through the issue of yours I wanted to know following details.
    Which operating system do you running?
    What is the hardware configuration of the computer?
    Do you have done any changes on the computer?

Let me know if you are having any other information which will help me to get the root cause of the issue.

Re: Why does Star Wars The Old Republic launcher asking for the administrative access?

Looking at the situation I am suggesting following solution which you can try to fix the matter.

1. You should right click on the exe file of the game and click on the Properties.
    2. From the Properties you have to click on the Compatibility tab.
    3. Now click on the Privilege Level and click on the Run this program as an administrator.
    4. After that click on the Ok button and see whether the thing is wor
    king or not.

You can use the following steps if the above mentioned solution is not supposed to working.
    • You have to click on the Start and go for Control Panel.
    • Now choose the User Accounts and Family Safety.
    • Now choose the User Account.
    • After that you have to select the ‘Change User Account Control Settings’.
    • At last you have to drag the bar at the bottom which is saying ‘Never Notify’.

I have done bit research work on the above mentioned issue and I have come to know that the Launcher application is attempting to access the root directory where the Windows is installed on the computer rather than that of the root directory where the game is installed.
    If windows is installed into C: drive and game is installed into the D; drive then game will access the root directories of the C: and D:. whenever there is happening of writing as well as modifying of the root directories there will be appearing of UAC pop up on the computer.

If I am not wrong there could be the problem associated with the virus on the computer. so I am suggesting that you should run the virus scan on the computer by using Malwarebytes or such kind of the antivirus program.

Just for try I am suggesting that you should reinstall the game on the computer and see what results do you getting.

I think the issue is supposed to happening because of the bug in the game. So I am suggesting that you should contact the developer of the game tell them about the issue which you are getting. they will work on the same and release the patch after solving the bug from the code of the game.