Thread: What type of characters I can use in the names of Star Wars The Old Republic character?

What type of characters I can use in the names of Star Wars The Old Republic character?

I love to do video gaming on the computer of mine. for this particular game SWTOR I wanted to ask an interesting thing with you all. I wanted to about the criteria to make a name of the character in the game. Let me know what is the maximum limit of the character name which I can have? Which character in the game I cannot use? Let me know if you are having any idea on this particular matter.

Re: What type of characters I can use in the names of Star Wars The Old Republic character?

In this particular game I wanted to tell you that you can use only apostrophe’s ion the character of the game. Also you will to use spaces into the name at all. In case you are having further query the feel free to ask about the same.

Re: What type of characters I can use in the names of Star Wars The Old Republic character?

Quote Originally Posted by DevenderD View Post
    In this particular game I wanted to tell you that you can use only apostrophe’s ion the character of the game. Also you will to use spaces into the name at all. In case you are having further query the feel free to ask about the same.

Well I do agree with the thing which you have stated over here. you will not be able to make use of spaces into the character of the beta version of the game. Also don’t think so you will be able to make use of the alt codes in order to get the special character in the name. you cannot use Unicode characters in the name.
    However the above mentioned thing is associated with the beta version of the game but there is no information available for the full version of the game.

I have done lots of research work on this particular matter and I have managed to get the following criteria to make the character name in the game.
    • You can use any characters from A-Z and a-z.
    • You can use one Hyphen and Apostrophe.
    • There should not be numbers, spaces and no usage of shift while making name.
    • You can have one capital letter in the name.
    • The minimum limit is 3 characters and maximum limit is 15 characters in the name.

Let me know whether you are looking to get the surname in the game? if so than you will be able to get the same at level 30. However it will be applicable for that account of yours in that particular server.

I wanted to appreciate your efforts to providing the useful information over here in this particular thread. I think I will manage to get the level 30 in the game so that I will be able to make use of the surname of mine in the character name. I have found that all the information of this particular thread was quite useful. Anyway thanks a lot for help me out.