Thread: Low FPS in X3: Albion Prelude

Low FPS in X3: Albion Prelude

I have a little doubt about this game. I had installed X3: TC and while playing it I never noticed the bad frame rate. But when I play X3: Albion Prelude in same computer I do notice some issues with framerate. It happens usually I am in war zone and whole area is filled with heavy fighting. When there is a large war fps is between 10-30 for the entire battle. I think that I need to overclock the CPU. Any more help would be appreciated.

Re: Low FPS in X3: Albion Prelude

I think that your PC needs to be more work to do. The lag and decrease of FPS normally happens when your computer does not capable to hold such load of graphics. Either you have low end graphics or may be low end system resources. There is one more thread in which they have discussed about something similar. Just go through the below Link

Minor Bug in X3: Albion Prelude decreasing performance

Understanding your mood entirely, you do not need a graphics card but a processor with 3-4 GHz (quad core) because the game is poorly optimized. It is just a thing from the cpu and the graphics card had nothing to do with. You need to wait for patch.

T he older processors that you have, Network activity has a reasonable impact on CPU performance. They have the time of your processor also released a number of gaming network cards (for a ridiculously high price), all ballast of the CPU pick. A cheap network card does too, so there's actually a better performance!

You need to Control temperature of the CPU and verify that there is not too much dust.
    Also, try new drivers (or former).
    Finally, disable anything that would take resources unnecessarily.
    Tell us if that solved your problem

The graphics settings and the resolution seems to be my system does not matter, the frames are moving even after prolonged playing in the same area. The results correspond to 80% with the rest of my gaming experience so far. Sometimes the FPS break even on together and it becomes absolutely unplayable. Some of the FPS at 30fps are also "ok", but I feel short interruptions. (As would be lagging the whole system)

On the console the framerate down depends solely on the game, it means that in some junctures the console cannot keep up and then forced to drop the framerate, you cannot do anything about it. If the framerate is consistently low, then the problem lies at the root, namely, that the developers were not able to optimize it for good and now it runs decently. On the PC the frame rate down depends on the configuration (video card, processor and RAM), you set the graphics settings (resolution, anisotropic, details, shaders, antialiasing) and processes (in a nutshell programs) that you open while you play.

Do Overlocking by the help of an expert. Background processes can be viewed by typing msconfig, last tab and you can see which plans would walk along in the background and start with, some you better off. Also turn the Antivirus in gaming mode.