Thread: Speech suddenly cut out in X3: Albion Prelude

Speech suddenly cut out in X3: Albion Prelude

I have just started playing the X3: Albion Prelude. Now after the installation I started to play but the sound cut off frequently in the middle of the game. I mean only the speech cut out but there is no problem with other sounds. So I can barely tell that it is an issue with game itself. Not about my computer. My system is very clean without any third party codecs. Seems like a minor bug in the game.

Re: Speech suddenly cut out in X3: Albion Prelude

I am also having the same issue here. I didn’t change anything in my computer and not even drivers it. It only happened when I play the game but not when hearing anything on my computer like playing songs and watching movies. So it obviously seems like a bug in the game. Otherwise I think that the whole game is lagging but you are able to notice it only in speech.

First of all I checked the integrity of the game and then I play around some settings on Readtek sound driver. I have also updated the graphics card as well as sound card drivers. Nothing solved the problem. Then I had played the game with headphone. I was really shocked because there was no lag in speech. I can hear the conversation and everything purely without any noise or disturbance. So I think that the problem is only with the external speakers. I will try to find out what the cause is.

This is because the graphics card does not send images in sync with the screen, so you end up with a portion of an image and some of the following (this is called "tearing").

You should have check in advance "Sync video and audio" in Fraps, because I admit that it is hassle to resynchronize after all, and I could not give much help as I never knew how.

Basically a USB sound card is always a compromise because, especially in games and movies on the one hand relatively much traffic is required, on the other hand, delays in sound quickly become annoying. Add to that a high system load from the software. A "real" XiFi via PCI or PCIe reduces the CPU load on the other hand, even when compared to software solutions.