Thread: Getting black screen while starting STAR WARS: The Old Republic

Getting black screen while starting STAR WARS: The Old Republic

I have recently downloaded the STAR WARS: The Old Republic game in my computer and after that I have installed the STAR WARS: The Old Republic game in my computer and after installing the STAR WARS: The Old Republic game in my computer when I tried to launch the game at that time get black screen please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Getting black screen while starting STAR WARS: The Old Republic

You should first try to launch the game STAR WARS: The Old Republic as administrator and after that you have to check whether you are facing the same problem or not. To launch the STAR WARS: The Old Republic game as administrator you have to right click on the game launch file and then select run as administrator option and then check whether it makes any difference or not.

If after running the STAR WARS: The Old Republic game as administrator also if you are facing the same problem then you should try run the game in the compatibility mode and after that check whether you are still getting the black screen while starting the STAR WARS: The Old Republic game or not.

I think after changing the compatibility of the STAR WARS: The Old Republic game when you try to start the game at that time you will not get any problems. If you need any more information for this then let me know.

If want to change the compatibility of the STAR WARS: The Old Republic then you have to do this steps. First you have to right click on the STAR WARS: The Old Republic game launch icon and after that you have to select properties option. Now after selecting the properties option you have to select the click on the compatibility tab and after selecting the compatibility tab you have to change the compatibility of the STAR WARS: The Old Republic game from there and after changing the compatibility you have to press ok button. After that you have start the STAR WARS: The Old Republic game and then check whether same problem is occurring or not.

I think after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

I will suggest you to try to solve this problem by changing the resolution from the client_defaults.ini. you have to first open the client_defaults.ini file and after that you have to change the values of the resolution from there and then save that file. After that you have to start the game in your computer and then you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not.

If you don’t know from where to find the client_defaults.ini to change the resolution then I will help you with this.

You have to first open the open my computer and then you have to open the open the folder in which game is installed. After that you have to open the game folder. In that folder you have to open the retailclient folder and after that you will find the client_defaults.ini file from there and then you have to open the file and then change the resolution and then you have to check whether you are facing the same problem or not. as far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

After trying the above solution if you are experiencing the same problem then I will suggest you to uninstall the STAR WARS: The Old Republic game from your computer and after uninstalling the STAR WARS: The Old Republic from your computer you have to restart the system. Now after that you have to install the STAR WARS: The Old Republic game in your computer and after installing the STAR WARS: The Old Republic game in your computer you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not.

After running the STAR WARS: The Old Republic as administrator also I was facing the same problem and after that I have also tried to solve this problem by changing the game resolution and after changing the game resolution also I was facing the same problem.

I have also tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the STAR WARS: The Old Republic game in my system and after reinstalling the game also problem didn’t get solved. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

It looks like this problem has occurred because of the graphic drivers in your computer and that is why I would like to tell you that you should uninstall the graphic drivers from your computer and then install the graphic drivers again in your computer and after that you should try to launch the STAR WARS: The Old Republic game in your computer and the your problem will get solved.

Well I will suggest you to download the latest graphic drivers from the internet and after downloading he latest graphic drivers from the internet you have to delete the old drivers and then install the new drivers and then check whether you are getting the black screen while paying the STAR WARS: The Old Republic game or not.

I was also facing the same problem in my system while applying games and after that I come to know that Direct X in my computer was out dated and after that I have downloaded the latest Direct X in my computer and after installing the latest Direct X in my computer my problem get solved.

I think you should also check whether Direct X is updated in your computer or not. if it is not updated then you should update the Direct X and after updating the Direct X your problem will get solved.

I have gone though the problem which you are facing in your computer and if you ant to download the latest Direct X in your computer then you have to go to the official site of the Microsoft and then you have to download the Direct X from there and after that your problem will get solved.

i get this only when it ry to play on the ptr stuff cus i wnat to test out the new legacy things but for some reason i get out of range 95,? khz / 60hz i got no black screen out of range rpoblems with the normal version but i have tried eiting the files for the ptr version and t didn't help and worst of all when i ahd blacks creen issues with normal version right afterr launch it only affected the screenw hile in the game, but when try to run the ptr it "infects" my whole pc so i have to button press it to get it turned off then rapiddly f8 while startign it again to get it to low res mode and select proper resulotion otherwise i get out of range on my desktop. i can't alt tab out after i have tried to start swtor ptr alt tab does nothing only button power off thing works.