Thread: Uncharted 3 making noise

Uncharted 3 making noise

I have recently bought the Uncharted 3 game and that’s the brand new sealed copy. I inserted the game disk in my PS3 and when tried to start the game then I found that it started making noises and the sound was of the spinning disk but that was too high. After a few seconds, it started making CLICK CLACK noise and then it suddenly become idle. I am not getting the main menu of the game and looks like, I have not placed the disk in that. My PS3 is working great with the other games, this problem is only with the Uncharted 3. Please tell me that what should I do in order to get this solved.

Re: Uncharted 3 making noise

Just make sure that the disk that you are using is not having scratches on this. If this is having scratches on that then it might also harm the lens of the PS3. The disc is looks defective and if that is the case then you should return that and get a new copy. This is the best thing that you can do with this

If there is no problem with the disc then there is something wrong with the PS3. So what you can do is , just delete all the things from that and format the PS3. I have faced the same problem earlier but with some other game. I tried many of the things to get this solved but that does not helped me. So what I did finally is reformatted the whole PS3 and after that the issue get resolved. So I hope that it will do the same for you as well.

It is possible that the PS3 graphic card that you are using is dying and for that reason it is not able to handle the uncharted 3. I am not sure about this but this could be one of the possible reasons fro this issue.

There is one simple thing that you can do in order to make it clear that if the problem is with the disc or with the PS3 that you are using. What you can do is, just try to use the disc in some other PS3 and see if the disc works with that. If that works without any problem then this is the proof that the problem is with the your PS3. If that is under warranty then it will be covered in the warranty.

Its not the game that is making noise. There might be something wrong with the hardware and because of that you are getting this noise. So what you can do is, just for for that and make sure that all the connections are properly fitted into its places.