Thread: Marvel Heroes game crashes after login

Marvel Heroes game crashes after login

I have recently downloaded Marvel Heroes game from Steam which is actually free to play on our pc. This game was running fine without any issues but after applying its latest patch, I am not able to play it. When I login into the game with my id then the the game will hang on the loading screen for ever and afterwards it will crash to desktop. I guess that I will have to reinstall the game without the patch again to get it working again. Does anyone, in the meanwhile have some alternative solution. Thanks

Re: Marvel Heroes game crashes after login

First of all it was told that you need to have an upto date drivers in your system. So, download the latest drivers for your video card from the graphics card manufacturer's website and install it on your pc. Even aftr getting the latest driver, you still face the issue, then when you are trying to launch the game then immediately press alt+enter key to get the game in Windowed mode and see if that works.

Well, incase the above solution doesnt work for you then, you will need to go to this path - Program Files\Gazillion Entertainment\Marvel Heroes\UnrealEngine3\MarvelGame\Config and in the config folder find the DefaultEngine and then look for fullscreen and then manually type fullscreen=false and save the file and close it. After that try to launch the game and it sould be working now.

If you are getting black screen after entering the username and password to play the game, then try to restart your system and then try to login after 15 minutes, so that it will allow the server to re-sync your character. You can even go to the Steam library and then right click on the Marvel Heroes game and select Properties and then choose Set Launch Options. Here you need to add -nostartupmovies -windowed and then select ok and then close it and try to log into the game again.