Thread: Battlefield 3 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 freezes

Battlefield 3 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 freezes

HI, I am having very weird problem with this battlefield 3 game, as whenever i start the game after some few minutes the machine gets freezes. it doesn't respond to anything but a manual shutdown. And another worst thing is like During the freeze the sound keeps going on in what I can best describe as a loop of the last 0,1 - 0,3 seconds of sound put on endless reiterate, creating a really disturbing noise. Is there anybody having same problem with the game? I am not able to figure out whether the problem because of the graphic card or there is some another problem?

Re: Battlefield 3 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 freezes

I would like to recommend you that it would be better if you mentioned the whole thing perfectly, because there could be off course so many problems with the machine, so that I can simply understand and can assist you in better way.

- Are you sure that you have satisfactory hardware installed in the machine. because see the thing is like though you have very good GPU installed but along with that if suppose you don’t have enough hardware installed then also this thing happens.

Thus i see i would like to recommend you that you should try to visit the LINK i have mentioned so that you can have better idea about the same.

See for information regarding the hardware problems, i would suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps and see whether you are getting any problem or what.

• Click on start button and click on “run” option

• Once the window opens type “DXdiag” and hit enter.

• You’ll see the direct X diagnostic tool windows and in which you have to select display tab.

• Once you got the windows you can see the frame called Note which will let you know about the error if there is any regarding the hardware or any software as well.

Thus, first you should check that and then see whether you are getting any symptoms or not.

Was having the same problem with the game once but that was actually because of the overcloking i have done in my machine. thus see if you have done any such thing than also you should make sure about the same and if possible make it downclock once.

Well, I was having the same problem with the machine once and the only difference was the game, but still when I troubleshoot it precisely at that time i came to know that there were some problem with the overheating itself.

Thus, you should also make sure, whether there is some problem regarding the overheating or not. In addition, if so then you should first resolve the overheating issue and then only try to make something else.

You should try to reinstall the directX once again in the machine and then see whether you are getting any variation or not.

as the above user has mentioned about the direct but still I don't think its DX11 related because the game should auto detect if your GPU supports it. Does the game say its DX11? Prior to be able to rule out the gpu's components, you will have to take it apart.

And off course yeah if your card has the single pcb design, there is no sli clip to worry about. Speakers will pick up cell phone transmissions and may cause EM interference. Or the chokes on your gpu have dialed themselves into your sound card.. because see some games will cause the gpu's choke to sing, but I've never heard of anyone hearing that over their speakers.

It might be possible that there could be some problem with the operating system that you have installed, because see corruption in the program files can also cause the same problem with the machine.