Thread: need help in PC gamepad configuration for trine 2

need help in PC gamepad configuration for trine 2

i was eager to play this game when it was released and then as i was finding quite difficult to play with it , so , with Tine 2 made a quick tutorial to help set up game pads . but its not ended still and hoping that it will be correct. we never say that other players can't join until the second level is a indeed a huge problem, so would i get some solution for it.

Re: need help in PC gamepad configuration for trine 2

here in this game i can say that , the game particularly needs some help to move with and to say you as i am using a PS2 Dualshock controller with an USB adapter and there is no problem in my working with this game. but recently i experienced something strange I've did the mapping of the "Select sword" and "Select fire arrow" commands to a certain button and at the time of pressing them, the character either attracts or makes use of the grappling hook, considering the activation. There is no matching of the button either so I have no idea what is the problem regarding this.

OK, i think here in this case , i came to know about about the old pads that some odd behavior got struck to them. and by the time , the temporary solution for it could be to simply unbind the keys and make use of the Next/Previous Weapon buttons.i consider the issue can be fixed and there will be possible solution for it.

i was unable to work with the controller in the starting.It is a ps1 controller with the sticks which makes use of the usb adapter in addition. and it has been working fine for all my other games. the sole problem which i am having right now is that, that i have to delete all the key and make the left stick the attack and the right stick to move. If there occurred some kind of inversion of the sticks then the option would be fine for me. therefore the means can be used for arrows and stuff and the left one could be made use for moving.

i think to my supposition, there can be better option to do this, and to have a edition of the keybinds.txt file you can try with Inverting the sticks .and overall i can say that here
    you require to go to the Trine folder which is present in the C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\trine and afterwards binds, and make an edition of keybinds.txt and make a change of the "move_left" and same with the joystick axis commands.

i had a similar problem which occurred in your case. i came across some one trying sorting it with the Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2. the main important setting to be don e, in this case is the two Axis keys on the last page to access that will make the gamepad cursor move . this is the only case where you have to pay attention as rest of all other are straightforward

there are some problems where we find it difficult to remove extra key bindings and mess up with this issue. and here i can say the possible solution to do this is by, setting the same key to more than one action. in addition to this, make use of the right click to have removal of extra key bindings and finally you should have a check over some conflicts.

some people find it difficult and wonder whether the game caters to the 360 joypad without any tweaking or not. but i can here that , as the 360 controller being the default gamepad mapping for Trine, it will definitely cater to the 360 joypad.

at the time of configuring the gamepad, i required some help as i am facing problems relating with it.

1. every alternative is not listed: as a result of this, I dont occupy an entry for 'Knight throw' or 'Thief attack'.
    i find myself with missing options.
    2. there will be no effect, If I make some change of the binds\joystick\X\keybinds.txt . There is no changing of options in the game.
    the keybinds.txt gets changed, at the time of changing options in the game and saving them. i dont know the saving of them. i need help in this case.

i made an attempt by making use of a separate mouse and keyboard as i wanted to play in Co-op . there was no working of the second keyboard and there was proper functioning mouse You could be able to assign keys with it and shift tab but it did not work in ingame. the options file looks life for player 1 and 2 is mentioned below.

player1_keyboard_ID = 0
    player1_mouse_ID = 0
    player2_keyboard_ID = 2
    player2_mouse_ID = 2

attempt was been made on our side on different numbers for the player 2 keyboard , but nothing worked in this case. . There is an alternative to make use of combined keyboard and mouse is selected for this purpose..

in my unmodified profiles i consisted the entries for those actions . and i came to know that the game pad setup menu is the best one for this game.