Thread: Is it possible to turn off blood in Brink?

Is it possible to turn off blood in Brink?

So I was just wondering if you guys have heard if you had the option to turn off blood in brink. See, my parents are the really sheltered kind of parents and won’t let me get games that have a lot of blood in them. And as you know most of the FPS games have an M rating with blood and gore, so when I saw the awesome trailer for Brink I was really excited to see that it was T and only had blood, language, and violence. So if I can turn off the blood I can definitely get the game. And even if you cant turn of blood, do you guys know if there is a serious amount of blood or just a "indication" or "smoke" of blood?

Re: Is it possible to turn off blood in Brink?

I think everyone has explained clearly what they think is the blood will be like, and have nothing to add to that. However, I would advise you to speak up to your parents and ask why blood is such an issue to them. Its a bodily fluid, and shouldn't be taken so seriously. Most of the time they will bring one of those parent arguments like because I say so or w/e. But it’s worth a try, because you are 16 and the rating does say T for Teen for a reason, intending you should be able to handle. Which I believe you should be able to handle it.

The laws must be different over there because in the states it is just a rating system that limits the seller as to who they can and cannot sell the product to. Has nothing to do with consumption. A warped parent who wants to scar a child can let a 5 yr old watch a M rated horror flick legally in their own home. I think you've just amended my original point, it's personal opinion I guess. The addition of blood, and then even more blood detracts from the violence for me, it's make a game more silly and childish. I guess other people have the opposite opinion, and that is the issue.

So your little "legal" argument wouldn't hold water over here. Also, a good parent will work with the kid. My boy is 6 and we started reading War of the Worlds but he got scared by it. I was surprised since he loves sci-fi and has no problems with aliens and humans fighting etc etc. The difference we hadn't read/watched anything where Earth got attacked and the humans massacred. So now off to Journey to the Center of the Earth.

And some of you guys are a bit over the top when it comes to arguing about the blood vs violence. Yes it does appear a bit silly on the surface but as the OP's dad implied there is a difference between cartoon violence and realistic violence. I think 16 is plenty old that the parent should know if the kid can handle it or not, but that's his call and not mine. Also, I think the OP would've gotten some credit for being honest instead of trying to lie or hide it like some of you hoodlums here.

I hope that we can choose amount of blood but at the same time I hope we can’t. I like a lot of blood. but some people like little blood. So I could be fighting a guy and blood could block my vision of the guy behind him. But the 9 year old that turned off blood can see me just fine so it is not really fair that he just shoots me and i couldn’t even see him. so I hope not sorry if this ruins your plans.

yes you can