Thread: unable to launch trine 2 on mac.

unable to launch trine 2 on mac.

i am a total game r and i experienced the same in trine 2 and want to play it on mac. however it does not supports it. in addition to this i am unable to launch Trine 2 with Steam locking up . after force quitting Steam it occurs always. can you find some solution for it.

Re: unable to launch trine 2 on mac.

yes, it is but obvious that someone feels irritated when they are unable to play on such a wide platform. the first solution i can give is to have a try to boot mac once . in addition to this, i can say that if you are expert in this field, you could double check the files in the game folder. there are some Windows files present which are responsible for causing this problem.

the next solution to come across is that you should make a try for launching Trine2.app directly in the game folder . that can be the possible case where you can find the solution. also the Windows files should consist of Trine2Launcher.app, data folder, patch1.fbq, patch2.fbq and a text file and finally Trine2.app. this folder can be found in the library and then to SteamApps/common/trine 2.

according to your suggestion i tried with having the deletion of the local content, but didn't had any effect on it and finally that also froze Steam. not able to get further.

in this case i can say that you should take one note of whether the Beta is installed or not. make sure of the installation of beta and you will come across some hint or clue. according to me , i am making attempts to discover whether the problem stands besides the installing of beta. in addition to this make confirmation of your mac supporting it.

the other possible solution to this could be that you should upgrade the beta and in addition with trying to remove the beta to install everything from scratch. after this. i can say that Steam will launch the game, and perform a verification of the integrity of the files.and if the game doesn't play after this, i can suggest finally to restart Steam and validate the game files . it will definitely work by means of doing this.

the problem still persists in this case. including "data1.fbq" i had all the possible inclusion of files. previous to disappearing , it bounces in the dock at the time of launch directly from Trine2.app. also to further supposition , clicking on "Start Trine 2" does not work, but it allows for me to change the settings after i make a launch of Trine2Launcher.app which displays the window .