Thread: Unable to run Trine 2

Unable to run Trine 2

Recently I have installed Trine 2 on the computer. as I am trying to launch the game on the computer it did not seems to launch at all. The cursor is appearing on the screen at the upper left side but there is nothing happening on the computer. Let me know if you are facing the same issue which I have mentioned over here. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours.

Re: Unable to run Trine 2

To get the exact root cause of the problem you have mentioned over here.
    Which operating system do you running? What is the hardware configuration?
    Do you have installed all the necessary drivers on the computer? is there any antivirus program on the computer?

Looking at the matter I am suggesting following thing which you can try.
    • You should launch Steam on the computer.
    • Now you have to go for ‘x:\...\Steam\steamapps\common\trine 2 beta\’ location.
    • You have to look for trine2_32bit.exe file and try to run the same ma
    nually.

Well I am wondering that the issue is happening because of the compatibility issue between the game and Operating system.
    1. You should look for the exe file of the game and right click on the same. From the right click menu you have to click on Properties.
    2. Now from the Properties menu and click on the Compatibility tab
    3. After that you should choose the appropriate option of the Operating system and see whether it is working or not.

After learning the issue of yours I am suggesting that you should verify the integrity of the game cache.

You should load the Steam on the computer.

Now you have to go for Library Section and choose Properties.

After that you have to click on the Local Files and after that you have to click on the Verify the Integrity of the game cache.

Once you have done the you should try to play the game.

Well I am suspecting that the back ground process running on the computer might be interfering with the game. so you should clean boot the computer and see whether you are able to resolve the issue.

I think you will need to adjust the hardware acceleration on the computer.
    You have to launch desk.cpl on the computer by putting desk.cpl on Run and
    1. click on the Ok button.
    2. Now you have to click on the Settings tab and click on Advanced.
    3. After that you have to move the Hardware acceleration to Disable all Cursor and Advanced drawing acceleration.
    4. Once you have done you have to click on Ok button twice and see whether it is working or not.

The issue might be happening because of the antivirus installed so I am suggesting that you should disable the same and try to launch the game. if the game is running then I am suggesting that configure the antivirus so that the issue can be resolved.

Well I am wondering that there is need of installing the latest version of the DirectX as well as Graphic card drivers on the computer. you can get the same from the official website and after installing the latest version of the same you should reboot the computer. if you are having any query then feel free to ask about the same.

Do you have reinstalled the game? if not than I am suggesting that you should reinstalled the game on the computer and after that you should reboot the computer.

It is well know that video games are having bug issue. In case you are wondering that the above mentioned issue is happening because of the bug issue than I am suggesting that you should contact the developer of the game and file a bug report to them. The developer will figure out the code from the game and fix the same after that they will release the patch which you should download and install on the computer.