Thread: Battlefield 3 is crashing on Nvidia GeForce GTX580 SO

Battlefield 3 is crashing on Nvidia GeForce GTX580 SO

Recently I have installed Battlefield 3 on the computer of mine. this particular game is seems to crashing whenever I am trying to play the game. I am getting an error message which can be stated as follow ‘GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG: Device hung due to badly formed commands... GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580", Driver 28562’. Let me know why I am suffering from the above mentioned issue. Any help to fix the matter of mine will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Battlefield 3 is crashing on Nvidia GeForce GTX580 SO

In order to get the root cause of the problem you have to answer following questions. Which operating system do you running? What is the hardware configuration of the computer? Can you provide the log file of the crashing which you are getting on the computer.

According to me there is need of disabling of V-Sync on the computer.
    • You should right click on the desk top and click on the Properties and after that you should go for Settings.
    • Now you have to click on Advanced and then you should go for Open GL settings.
    • After that you have to click on Vertical Sync and disable the same and click on Apply button.
    • Now you should reboot the computer.

I think you need to adjust the graphics hardware accelerations.
    Same as above you should right click on the desktop and click on Settings.
    1. Now you have to click on Advanced and after that you should click on Troubleshoot.
    2. After that you should move the Hardware Acceleration notch toward full.
    3. Now click on Ok button so that the issue can be resolved.
    4. Once you have done the same you should run the game.

If I am not wrong the back ground process which is running on the computer might be interfering with the game. So you should clean boot the computer and see whether you are able to resolve the issue.

Looking at the situation I am suggesting following couple of solutions which you can try to fix the matter of yours.
    You should turn off SLI or Crossfire.
    Also you should Disable anti-aliasing and filtering.

I was also suffering from the same issue which you have stated over and here and I have done following thing which you can try and see whether it is working or not.
    First of all I have downclocked video card from 855 to 796Mhz.

Second thing which I have done is that I have deleted all the DirectX files which is located at the origin games/battlefield 3/__Installer/directx/redist location. I mean I have deleted all the CAB files not the DLL files.

After going through the issue you will need to reinstall the graphic card drivers and DirectX on the computer. after reinstalling the same you should reboot the computer.

Do you have reinstalled the game on the computer? if reinstalling the game not working than I am suspecting that there could be bug issue with the game. so I recommend that you should contact the developer of the game and file a bug report to them. The developer of the game will work on the same and release the patch.

Are you getting the same kind of the issue with the game? if there you are getting the same issue then there could be hardware issue associated with the problem so I recommend that you should contact the technical support team to get the further assistance on this particular matter.