Thread: Is it possible to run Starcraft II on Sony Vaio Z1290

Is it possible to run Starcraft II on Sony Vaio Z1290

i almost decided to buy this Sony Vaio Z1290 laptop. i want to use this playing video games and watching movies on it. i hae one doubt. i starcraft game for long time on my previous laptop. can anybody explain that should this laptop provides the capability to run this game or not? need some meaningful information about this issue. thanks for any help.

Re: Is it possible to run Starcraft II on Sony Vaio Z1290

This Sony Vaio Z1290 laptop contains 3.1-inch ultra-portable powerhouse. Features like Core i5 and i7 processors, RAID0 hard drive arrays and 1080P displays. The main advantage about this laptop is that it provides full 1920x1080 HD resolution on your screen. hence i wouldn't think that there is any problem after running such type of game on this laptop. you need to perform proper installation task on it. this is well for you to run such game on your laptop system.

Quote Originally Posted by Badmannah View Post
    This Sony Vaio Z1290 laptop contains 3.1-inch ultra-portable powerhouse. Features like Core i5 and i7 processors, RAID0 hard drive arrays and 1080P displays. The main advanctge about htis laptop is that it provides full 1920x1080 HD resolution on your screen. hence i wouoldln't thisnk that there is any problem after running such type of game on this laptop. you need to perform proper installaiton task on it. this is well for you to run such game on your laptop system.
    StarCraft II is a military science fiction real-time strategy video game works well on windows based system and widnows 7 is being one of that laptop system. you need to install windows 7 system on it and check the performance of this OS with this game. i hope that such combinations wokrs in very nice way. try it and chekc what things happen on it.

Quote Originally Posted by DevenderD View Post
    StarCraft II is a military science fiction real-time strategy video game works well on windows based system and widnows 7 is being one of that laptop system. you need to install windows 7 system on it and check the performance of this OS with this game. i hope that such combinations wokrs in very nice way. try it and chekc what things happen on it.
    If you plan to play this STARCRAFT 2 with 1920x1080 ULTRA NVIDIA GTX 460 1GB setting, then this is very best combination and it will be work to fix your any gaming type of issues. mostly if the graphics card is being not present on your system, then installaiton issue arrives on it. hence you need to officially buy your game product. then apply the respective installation task on it. this is well for you to fix such complex issue and try its result on your system.

the 1600x900 screen is best for such kind of high resolutions video games. it will run on ultra laptop system and there is not any issues arrives on it. hence i would be suggest to you for check the setting of the game and its appropriate result on your laptop. i hope that thsi will be work to fix your compelx issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Daksha90 View Post
    the 1600x900 screen is best for such kind of high resolutions video games. it will run on ultra laptop system and there is not any issues arrives on it. hence i would be suggest to you for check the setting of the game and its appropriate result on your laptop. i hope that thsi will be work to fix your compelx issue.
    Your setup should be able to tear through SC2 with no problems. hence there is necessary to set the setting of the laptop as per the game demand. you can found this settong on the officail site of the game. you need toset this mentioned setting on your laptop. try this and check its result. system requirement sections of the game works to fix your compelex issue.

After some investigation, it turns out that it's only a single core. but this laptop still capable to run your game. this is well for you to get the correct result on your system. try this and check what happens on it.

Quote Originally Posted by GaganGang View Post
    After some investigation, it turns out that it's only a single core. but this laptop still capable to run your game. this is well for you to get the correct result on your system. try this and check what happens on it.
    graphics driver upgrade task also necessary on your laptop for improving the grpahcis performance on this laptop. try this using the online facility. i use same laptop and that time i found that the laptop makes issue. then i use this graphics driver upgrade task on it. this will be work and in result i found the best reuslt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by MACALL View Post
    graphics driver upgrade task also necessary on your laptop for improving the grpahcis performance on this laptop. try this using the online facility. i use same laptop and that time i found that the laptop makes issue. then i use this graphics driver upgrade task on it. this will be work and in result i found the best reuslt on it.
    Starcraft 2 is not very demanding. it works like the common game such as counter strike game. if your system contains 2GB of RAM and well support to the graphics, then definately this game runs on your system. hence i don't think that there is any special things need on your laptop. just try to install this game with basic setting. hope that this will be solve your issue.

If you want more performance, make all changes on your laptop setting. this is necessary when play the high configurations games. this starcraft works well on common laptop but for better performance, yes this driver upgrade task necessary on it.

I don't think downloading drivers from NVIDIA will work too well but after running this game on such Sony Vaio Z1290 laptop, i realize this thing. then i try this driver upgrade task on it. this will be work and in result, now game works well with the advanced graphics on laptop screen. you can also do this graphics driver upgrade task on your laptop if you want to improve the performance of the game.