Thread: Multiplayer chat feature in Assassin's Creed Revelations

Multiplayer chat feature in Assassin's Creed Revelations

Here i need some suggestion about the Multiplayer chat characteristic. Which type of chat box is best? Chat box with different sections like All, Team and Friend is good oe another chat option like everything is together. Which one is good? Please give me your suggestions about this.

Re: Multiplayer chat feature in Assassin's Creed Revelations

These two ideas are the most traditional ways of having a chat characteristic on a Multiplayer based game & most customers (I hope?) will know what it would look like & / or it is purposes could be. Obviously you will have your casual spammer here & there but may be they could utilize the "Blacklist User" characteristic within Assassins Creed Brotherhood to "Mute" such players.

I would like to see chat while waiting for the game to start or players to gether. This is usually when you don't have anything else to do but chat about earlier match or upcoming. I have seldom been in a lobby longer than twenty seconds tops so not definite why a Multiplayer chat characteristic would be useful in the lobby. obviously, in the event you don't need to chat ingame than don't. Nobody would be forcing you. A Multiplayer chat characteristic ingame would more socialization while playing, something which is hard now.

As theres been a few times id have killed to say "nice shot" or more often "out of the twenty barbers I had surrounding me as i did nothing for the last five mins, how the hell did you manage to wander over out of nowhere and pick the right to smack in the face?"

I think they ought to have a chat characteristic whatsoever. with the long loading times I had up to yesterday, I felt like a chat characteristic would improve that aspect. Possibly a chatbox to insta-chat with friends, like a kind of whisper/tell. I mean, the message function is icy, but I get a message & I must quit whatever I am doing to read it. A tell/whisper channel to chat with specific friends, would be a mayor improvement. & about the layout of the chat-characteristic, I do think they need a tabbed version, or atleast, a function to ignore sure channels. & it ought to be customizable, so that, if I require, i can make it show only three lines. I detest those huge designs posted in the first post, but as an idea, they are great.

As per me having a chat in the match would make the people cease around in the map to open the chat and type, and lots of even wine of "chatkills".

If people must stand still to type, that would give people the chance to receive a free kill on them, it would also make them stand out. If headsets for PC's were expensive, then perhaps I could kind of see the point, however with headsets costing under 5 euro- it is tiny to spend. In the event you don't require people hearing your voice, then that is a different matter.

It would not of been expedient for the console versions so it wasn't implemented there & I bet Ubisoft didn't care about PC, & fundamentally ported the game over; which is why there is no lobby either. I would not even mind it in the lobby. At least going "Wow, that is a outrageous kill" or expressing contempt at the overuse of poison. To the individuals who say the chat cannot be distracting, have you not played any games? Why not have a button (Such as T, or tab) that opens a interface that is rectangular along the bottom of the screen where you type. You can at a standstill see your closing around so it doesn't block out the view. Actively, I like the game & all, but it seems Ubisoft does not care about the PC version & did it so they could get more sales.

I think this is a computer multiplayer game I have ever played that does not have a chat. Actively, text chat is like multiplayer 101 for PC. I get the feeling Ubisoft doesn't care about PC as this looks like a direct port (yes I do know there is triple monitor support or something). All the new content they got was a DLC & triple monitor support. What ever happened to the PC version being over a port.