Thread: Battlefield 3 said I need more memory please help I have a Nvidia GTX 560M 1.5GB

Battlefield 3 said I need more memory please help I have a Nvidia GTX 560M 1.5GB

Got directx message and battlefield 3 keeps freezing in game. The message said I ran out of memory or something please help.

Re: Battlefield 3 said I need more memory please help I have a Nvidia GTX 560M 1.5GB

Well, how much ram do you have in your computer? Also have you updated the directx version to the latest? Can you try to lower your textures settings which might be able to run the game properly. The error that you are getting mostly happens to users with older hardware or low memory hardware (GPU, RAM). The best thing to do would be to lower your graphics settings.

Re: Battlefield 3 said I need more memory please help I have a Nvidia GTX 560M 1.5GB

Yes I have lowered textured settings, both on the computer settings and game settings, but still freezing. I literally got my laptop last week. It is a toshiba qosmio x770 with 8gb ram, i7 Quad Core Processor, and two hard drvies with tons of space still. Have the latest directx version also.

Have you tried applying the patch for this game and checked whether it is working or not, the patch features are:

1. General performance and loading time improvements
    2. “Black Screen” fix for an issue occurring on some PC Configurations
    3. Stereo and Rendering Support for Nvidia and AMD Graphics Cards
    4. Adjusted the “stuttering” encountered on some PC configurations.
    5. Fixed several Crashes when joining MP and Co-Op sessions
    6. Fixed multiple problems when using multiple monitors (Eyefinity / Surround).
    7. Fixed visual corruption issues on certain Nvidia Cards
    8. Improved loading times for certain textures
    9. Added console command “GameTime.MaxVariableFps” to limit max FPS
    10. Added console command “UI.DrawEnable” to hide UI for screenshots / videos

Here is the exact message. DirectX function "DxRenderer::map" failed with E_OUTOFMEMORY: Ran out of memory. GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M", Driver Unknown. Free Virtual Memory: 2369900kb/419417kb: Total resource memory 0kb. Make sure you have a supported graphics card with at least 512 MB.

Have the patch, have settings set very low, have latest directx version.