Thread: I am getting stuttering while playing Serious Sam 3: BFE

I am getting stuttering while playing Serious Sam 3: BFE

Hello guys I am having some issue with this game. I am getting stuttering issue with this game at whatever time I am playing this game sometime I am getting this issue and sometime it works fine. To check this issue I check with my FPS and my FPS fine. So I don’t know where I am wrong with this game and even my hardware is also proper I am suing ATI 5870 with the 4 GB ram my operating system is windows 7 and with the AMD 1055T.

Re: I am getting stuttering while playing Serious Sam 3: BFE

Thank you for starting this thread even I am getting appropriate FPS but some time game locks up and stuttering sometime. I go with the many other websites but still I did not get any appropriate solution for it. And even I am on ultra settings.

As per my knowledge your CPY are not supposed to be bottleneck. According to me you are running out of VRAM. And as you are saying that you are with the Ultra settings then of course it will take the high resolution so I don’t think so 1 GB VRAM is sufficient for this game within some situations. And if you even deactivate anti-aliasing possibly will help to get rid of stuttering. I hope this will clear your doubt.

I don’t think so it’s a kind of Video memory issue. I try with the lower resolution, I tried with the 1280x720 resolution but still the same issue is arriving but not that much high which I was getting with the high resolution. I think there is issue with the game only and not with the hardware. I was thinking it’s a issue of ATI or AMD not sure because Nvidia users are not complaining about this issue. So I think the game developer did not test this game properly with the ATI or AMD don’t know but it’s my own opinion.

I presently check with the VRAM which Is make use of a few tight urban areas through no enemies and at that moment it’s a 1050MB VRAM. I would estimate it obtain around 1.5GB VRAM which is make use of in huge battles. Same thing with the medium shadowmaps 4X AA and even not post processing AA. I think resolution is not affecting the VRAM in any case. Don’t know what will be the issue then. I am not able to imagine that a 1GB card can’t run VRAM with the ultra settings taking granted that I am exceeding 1GB VRAM out of the battle. And even it’s also probable that in the company of high VRAM settings and with the number of enemies loaded up it at rest possibly will exceed 1GB at the moment but I think it have to test.

For all I know is that going to the configuration of GPU memory and convert the color maps and texture maps fps ultra gives me a big hit through heavy stuttering. At the moment I assume for the reason that, it behaves as a limitation vram although either way it has difficulty. Dropping the AA one, turning the shadows up and, of course, not by a fixed sampling super stuttering my problems completely. Now it's just a matter of less than desired FPS in some places.

As per my information there is a Customize section which is used for every graphic option. CPU, GPU and additionally GPU memory all comprise the customize option in addition with the choice you are able to tweak still further than ultra quality.

Yes you are correct I think this is the only issue which is I am facing. I am with the Intel I7 2600K with the 4.5GHZ processor and I am using GTX 470 in addition with 8 GB memory and game is on top of SSD. And I am with the ultra VRAM settings with the high resolution. And at that moment I am getting 50 to 70 FPS maximum time when I am playing this game. But sometime (very rarely) the game stutters and the whole thing stops for some time and then suddenly back to the normal.

Same problem I am having with the HD remakes additionally. I am not having difficulty with any other game I am having. And even my all system drivers are up to date but still getting this issue. Worried how I can solve this.

Badmannaha Guest

I think I fix the stuttering in HD remakes of 11.11 ATI drivers and buffering through the activation of three d3d override. But anyway, the performance of HD remakes was great! Have you tried to kill his AV while playing? For a long time caused a lot of AVs caused SSHD cough and stutter because the VA was too aggressive. It would be too risky to suspect the same happened in SS3.

I am still getting a lot of locking up still at what time I lower the all three settings and get the 150+ FPS. At that moment game totally stops through the still screen each one for some time not getting sound or getting stutters. So I hope that the developer will take this under consideration and they will provide some solution for this query.