Thread: mage is frustrating in The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim

mage is frustrating in The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim

Hi guys I am totally frustrated with mage. Playing with the mage is no easy I think. I'm 100 conjuration, and approximately 90 destruction playing on expert complexity. The entire of my clothing is captivated on the way to fortify magicka and decrease the cost of obliteration spells. One would consider me to be fairly the dangerous opponent; on the other hand, I'm often two-shotted through standard enemies that are able to require 4-6 direct dual-casted fireballs to down. That possibly will not seem accordingly bad, since I can cast quite a few fireballs earlier than require a potion; however with no way to distance myself from a charging enemy, I'm often unable to fend off an enemy through a two-hander into my face. This is where my conjuration should come within, right? I shouldn't be taking those hits, in view of the fact that I have two dead thralls/dremora lords/atronachs at my removal, right?

Re: mage is frustrating in The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim

Severe pathing problem often leave my defenders stuck at the back a pebble, or a twig, or a number of additional invisible obstacle. This is mostly a problem in caves, or additional tight quarters where they're forced to travel a linear path; however it happens often sufficient to make them seem practically useless.

Try being additional strategic set rune traps make sure at what time you cast your conjugations that they have room and after that acquire behind them let them take the brunt. In addition stealth/magic goes hand in hand. At least that's how I do it level 31 obliteration 91 conjugation 30 illusion 67 make use of all of the Mage class perks in addition spread it out an you will own I have 478 magicka 120 health and 100 stamina & dominating.

Running all the way through the woods as a mage are able to be a pain for me. Companions and summons for all time go after well at the back (it seems that Lydia doesn't know how to sprint). I've gotten 1 hit through bears or sabres popping up commencing the additional side of a small hill, jumping at me commencing round the corner of a big rock, clump of trees, etc. It’s super frustrating, I make use of detect life a lot at the moment; however it uses a tone of magicka so it's not actually that practical. Alteration spells are pretty useless for exploring for the reason that they don't last long and take a short time to cast. Wish detects life used a lot less magicka.

Power attacks within your face are pretty irritating as well. on the whole what I perform within dungeons is in each new room I go where there are enemies I sneak up and straight away perform a summon within the middle of the room and back out, after that wait in favor of Lydia to rush within, and after that follow. Or else you get too a lot of people running at you that are able to 1 hit your face. Shouts aren't sufficient to stop them. That mages don't have some "power attacks" that is able to 1 hit opponent. Not any of my spells 1 hit any enemy that is still remotely on the brink of my level (25).

I'm playing a mage through all points going into magicka. I'm a fragile flower. I almost not at all sneak. And I still rarely die. Be careful. You're not Conan. You are not able to rush into a room by way of your summons behind you, for the reason that you'll take aggro and be killed pretty fast. If you suspect somewhat is ahead, cast a summons in front of you and let it draw aggro primary. That's at what time you are able to hit the baddies through other things. Or drop a rune. Or throw an illusion.

In areas you're not sure regarding stick close toward that bodyguard. They'll scope out threats earlier than you are able to, and take aggro right away as a result you are able to stand back and throw destruction or illusion spells.

If you have master change dragonskin spell, and didn't put the entire of your points into magicka subsequently you can. (You are able to turn your health into magicka anyways accordingly there’s no necessitate to put it all there). I'm a delicate flower at the moment for the reason that wards are bad and the additional armor skins aren't effective sufficient, however dragonskin skips all and presently be appropriate a flat % reduction.

If you play on expert you require to build mutually sneak and illusion in favor of silent casting, these two things by yourself will keep mobs out of your face in spite of of what your companion or summoned being is doing.

However they move at the speed they move at. In terms of how this modify your play as a mage, it presently means you have to confirm you're not rushing to the front into unsafe areas for the reason that you're going to be the first to obtain hit, and you're most likely not in a position to take pleasure in that much.

I'm not actually disagreeing through you. I'm presently saying that whether within terms of game mechanics or role playing, a delicate mage most likely shouldn't be too far to the front of their bodyguard within any case. If it's a dangerous area, I stick near to my summons. If it's not dangerous, I presently don't have them out. It would be pleasant if we had permanent spells that didn't be required to be recast constantly however that's presently that. I'm regularly resummoning, or recasting armor spells, or no matter what. It's a pain, however that's the mechanic we have. I presently stay safe and RP in the region of it.

The thing about playing mage, is that even though the stat has been removed, it still requires intelligence. You can't play a mage it the same manner as you'd play a warrior or a thief. A mage must always keep a healthy distance to his enemies, and use what means he has to block his enemies path.

It's not a big difficulty or whatever thing, it's a sort of minor annoyance. I just wish I possibly will cast detect life for longer (either as a buff, or an "active effect" that slowly drains magicka) as an alternative of draining my 450 magicka in approximating 5 seconds and not being able to sprint at the time of I'm using it. If I possibly will do that I would be a happy panda.