Thread: Stuck with random username created by Ubisoft in Anno 2070

Stuck with random username created by Ubisoft in Anno 2070

Hello friends, I bought the game as a pre-order through the Ubistore I did not have an account so I just randomly made one and sent me the details after purchase. Now I'm stuck with this stupid account name that I will never remember and apparently no way to change it. Does anyone know of a way to change? Or a way to change?

Re: Stuck with random username created by Ubisoft in Anno 2070

A friend of mine has the same name as the problem of making a large number of people. They refused to change its name, is a bad design that has reached this point, probably a problem too big to simply be fixed. They said, "We can change the name, but then bought some of their games would not work." If that is true, then someone's leg when designing the system, a user must have a unique identification database that identifies them, thus the name can be changed easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherilyn View Post
    Hello friends, I bought the game as a pre-order through the Ubistore I did not have an account so I just randomly made one and sent me the details after purchase. Now I'm stuck with this stupid account name that I will never remember and apparently no way to change it. Does anyone know of a way to change? Or a way to change?
    Just register a new account and register the game that counts.

A friend of mine has the same name as the problem of making a large number of people. They refused to change its name, is a bad design that has reached this point, probably a problem too big to simply be fixed. They said, "We can change the name, but then bought some of their games would not work." If that is true, then someone's leg when designing the system, a user must have a unique identification database that identifies them, thus the name can be changed easily.
    The problem is that the account name that is not only valid in the Ubishop, it is universally valid for all functions related to Ubisoft. Whether Uplay, forums, shop, etc... So you cannot just change the name of only one of these characteristics. As I said, the best way is to simply register a new account with the name of Ubisoft on your taste and then register the new games on that account.

That's not a very good practice to promote, because people get to have multiple accounts. That can lead to enlarged customer inquiries (either automatic or manual) for a number of unusual causes, maybe resulting in a drop in customer pleasure, as they try to find a solution to their problems. It also increases the size of the database containing the details of the account, thus creating potential problems with the management of the database. By the way, I am a friend of one of the above users who contacted Ubisoft Technical Support. I am amazed that a company like Ubisoft, which has been so long used a system that does not allow your customer service department to change the name of already taken accounts, or you may do so themselves.

The only reason I can think Ubisoft keeps changing a user name is actually is a primary key for the registration of the entire account. And if that is so, then that's just lazy clear from who designed the database schema. There is no excuse for not having foreseen the possibility that a user can change their username. Account names should never be the primary key of a record in a database, and then avoids the user from varying it.

However, this problem possibly will be simply remedied by agree to people to have an "alias", i.e. a friendlier name that can be designated in the account settings. As an alias name could be used to access, and displayed on the various features of Ubisoft (the store, forums, entering a game, etc, etc) that require authentication. Of course, this naturally means that the account password is still required for authentication. In addition, all user accounts can have a unique key primary record is a separate field in the account user name. That key is not required to be displayed outside the management system database that accesses the data. Any of the above allows you to change your username at any time you select, as piece of the account organization functionality, and would not concern the account records or plays allocated to that account.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherilyn View Post
    If you send a ticket that will change the name. You be certain that you connect your proof of acquire. And yes, if there are other games in that account (which in most cases is unlikely, since the name is related to the game) cannot be played. The username is the only registered game related. It's a bit annoying, other than if someone runs off with his game that would not be happy either. There only to protect their game remains yours. It is best to change it before playing the game, because all progress is lost after changing. Be certain that to as per the instructions given to you by email for a quick change. They presently do not change the normal usernames, because it will make the whole system vulnerable. Unless you do not have a problem that someone will pay with your game.