Thread: 11 FPS on Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim even with Radeon HD 5970 ULTRA SETTINGS

11 FPS on Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim even with Radeon HD 5970 ULTRA SETTINGS

I am using the 2GB HD 5970 in my gaming rig. I didn’t thought that I could get fps related issue with game in this gaming computer. But I think that now it is only a driver issue I am facing. The terrible thing is I am getting only 11 fps on ultra settings while playing Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Another unsatisfactory thing is rumor says lesser cards are receiving a superior framerate.

Re: 11 FPS on Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim even with Radeon HD 5970 ULTRA SETTINGS

If you use Crossfire, you should always set Catalyst AI to Standard, Crossfire does not work properly otherwise. Since the games crashes with Catalyst AI enabled, you can already assume that either a GPU is defective or the power supply is simply too weak. Crossfire is for dual-GPU cards by the way is not always active (there is usually a quick hotfix from AMD).

In fact, this type of graphic errors often associated with a defect of the processor. Start times and let the Windows Media Player to run a video and make sure whether there are graphical glitches and even if errors occur in the graphic representation of the media library. Or it could be the graphics card. Accordingly, your graphics card must be faulty. For such graphical glitches in my opinion not to come out of a possible overload your graphics card, but an error in the processing of the image. As I said, but I find that this is a defect of the processor is closer.

Problem found and fixed! A defective RAM module was to blame!

Did the program MemTest run times, this showed me to an error on a Ram-bar!

I removed it and now everything runs freely objection!

If you are playing on a monitor that gives you 1024 * 720 is somewhat unfair, but even one would be enough to run any game you want to FULL and you would be superfluous. However, the scenery changes dramatically if you want to run a game to 1920, also depends on which game you want to play many current games can run at 1920 with a single 58xx, however there are games like Crysis, which is not enough. You should also think in some games that bring 3D mode, which is needed to double the FPS.

How does it look with the clock speeds from? Are set correctly? What do you have for a board? About how many lanes your GPU is connected? What do you have for a motherboard? When you've done the last bios update?

Well, sometimes it's simply a matter of having the best possible system. As regards performance changes taking 2 cards, as it says the friend never comes up almost twice the performance, is more FPS reached 50%. And of course, much depends on the game. What I consider a good option is to buy a first, and in the future when you see that is no longer able to play, you can buy another for crossfire, considering that the price will be much diminished over time. I hope it is but my explanation has been helpful.

I have read comments on other forums that is a waste of money if not to be used in Eyefinity (1900x3) 5700x1080 (3 full hd monitors)

Quite strange, do recent patch on it, and even Direct X update, you need version 9, 10 and 11, which automatically makes the web installer.

Look also at times the CPU usage during the game, maybe the processor Limited.

The last alternative is to overclock the card; yes you can do that with AMD Overdrive.

A little, yes, a driver is only for the computing power of your card. Say it was mostly an update brings you not one but a big improvement. Only if there is just one example of the new game on the market, he brings a little more, since your old driver before this game yet "knew". For example it is in the beta drivers for Nvidia and AMD for the beta.