Thread: Batman: Arkham City and GFWL crashing on PC

Batman: Arkham City and GFWL crashing on PC

Batman: Arkham City is starting smoothly on the computer of mine. As I am going to pick up my GfWLive account and trying to associate with the game this particular game is crashing on the computer. I have looked over and there regarding the settings on the computer of mine. Let me know if you are having any useful instruction to fix the matter of mine. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours on this particular matter. thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Batman: Arkham City and GFWL crashing on PC

What is the hardware as well as software configuration of the computer? do you getting an error message on the computer of yours when game crashing? Let me know about the log file of the crashing which is occurring on the computer? also let me know if you are having any other information to get the root cause of the problem.

I recommend following solution which you can try to fix the matter of yours.
    1. You have to browse to C:UsersUSERNAMEDocumentsEidosBatman Arkham CityBmGameConfig directory.
    2. Now you have to launch the UserEngine.ini file in to Notepad.
    3. You have to change the PhysXLevel=0 so that it would read as PhysXLevel=1
    4. Finally save as well as close the file and try to run the game on the computer.

To fix the matter you will require to use the following instructions.
    • You should turned off automatic log in for the GfWL
    • Try to do force update GfWL.
    • After that you should reboot the computer.
    • Disable all the firewall as well as antivirus program which you have installed on the computer and restart the same.
    • Now launch the game on the computer of yours and see whether it is running or not.

I was also suffering from the same problem which you have stated over here and I have simply disabled the firewall on the computer of mine and after that there was no issue. Well also you should configure the firewall so that the crashing of the game cannot occur in the future.

Well I wanted to tell you that you should reinstall the game on the computer and reboot the system. Also you should reinstall the GFWL on the computer and again reboot the computer of yours.

In case the My Documents file is located into D partition of the hard disk than you have to move the same to the Eidos file and the content of it from the default My Document location into the C Partitioning and leave rest of the stuff as it is.
    After that you should change the target for My Document back to the default and there would be even button for the same. you can also change the target for the My Documents to D partition when you completed with the playing.

The above mentioned issue could be happening because of the bug issue. So I wanted to tell you that you should contact the developer of the game and file bug report so that they can understand where exactly the bug is located into the code of the game. I hope they will fix the bug issue as early as possible.