Thread: Pure Mage VS Pure Warrior in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Pure Mage VS Pure Warrior in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I had attempted to make my first character a Pure Mage. I just wanted to know which warrior among Pure Mage and Pure warrior is better here. That is the reason I am making up this new article which has enough amount of information to share. This will help other also to find out details on changes I am going to do. I had first played Oblivion, my first character was a Pure Warrior. I was playing this character, the foreign spells and cool summoned creatures really amazed me and inspired me to make my second character a Pure Mage. And yes by the way, I am soul-bent on creating a Pure Mage or Pure Warrior, nothing else, no mixtures, etc.

In all TES games, I start as a warrior to get a feel for the game maybe using a little magic if I can. After 5 or 6 hours I consider what I've learned and the restart with a final character. I’ve decided on being a Bosmer rogue, I plan on doing the thieves guild and/or perhaps the dark brotherhood for my first play through. I’ll be taking light armor/one handed blades/dual wielding/archery/alchemy (only poisons) and perhaps dabble in enchanting but for that i think I’ll need mysticism or steal soul gems from the mages guild.

Re: Pure Mage VS Pure Warrior in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I'm curious why you are so adamant against using a blend of magic and blade. My only guess is on a leveling basis, you can maximize the more important attributes (health and manna/magicka for mage, health and stamina for warrior), rather than spread between the three. I won't bother convincing you of using the combination, but I can help shed some light and answer your question with my experience as a blend of warrior and mage.

As a battle mage, I enjoy the utility and power of magic, as well as the thrill of up close combat. I do enjoy the rush that comes from blending in the shadows and felling a target with a well placed arrow as well, but I intend to use a battle mage. There is a different feeling to be had from using the vast power of magic, and the thrill of up close combat. That said, I find it incredibly difficult to make a character who completely avoids using magic, as I am so used to the utility that it provides. If you are like me, you will not feel disappointed by the fact that you are 'just using weapons', as there is a certain thrill to be had of being in the thick of combat.