Thread: Batman: Arkham City is crashing while playing

Batman: Arkham City is crashing while playing

As the title of this particular thread is saying what I wanted to ask you over here. Well I have installed Batman: Arkham City on the computer of mine. Whenever I am trying to playing the game on the computer of mine the game is seems to be crashing on the computer. I am not able to figure out the exact root cause of the problem. Post the solution if you are having with you.

Re: Batman: Arkham City is crashing while playing

To get the idea of the root cause of the problem you have to answer following question. Which operating system do you running? What is the hardware configuration of the computer? Do you have done any changes on the computer? do you have installed all the necessary drivers on the computer? do you getting any error message while crashing? If so provide the error message as well as log file of the crashing.

In order to fix the matter of yours I am suggesting following things which you can try to fix the issue of yours.

• First of all you should look for the exe file of the game and you have to right click on the same.
    • From the right click context menu you have to click on the Run as Administrator.
    • Another thing is that you should right click on the game and click on Properties then you have to click on the Compatibility tab and choose the appropriate option and see whether the game is launching or not.

If you are having Quad Core PC than you can try the following thing.

1. First of all you should launch the game on the computer of yours.
    2. Now press Alt + Tab from the keyboard so that you can get out from the game.
    3. Launch the task Manager on the computer and right click on the exe file of the game and simply set Affinity.
    4. Finally you have to select Core 0 and 1 Only. You have to run the game on the two cpu so that you can avoid the crashing.

I am suggesting following solutions which you can try to fix the matter of yours.

You should Disable anti-aliasing and filtering , V-sync on the computer.

Another thing which you have to do is turning off the SLI and Crossfire.

Also you should try to run the game into windowed mode and see what result you are getting.

It is possible that the back ground process which is running on the computer of yours might be interfering with the game itself. So you should perform clean boot to fix the matter.

After going through the issue I am suggesting that you should verify the integrity of the game cache. You have to use following instructions to do the same.
    • You should load the Steam on the computer.
    • Now you have to go for Library and right click on the game.
    • Now you need to click on Properties and then click on Local files tab.
    • Finally click on the Verify the integrity of the game cache button.
    • The entire process might be several minute longer so you have to wait till the entire process is completed.

In this particular situation you will require to update the graphic card drivers as well DirectX on the computer of yours. You can get the same from the official website. After installing above mentioned software you should reboot the computer.

Let me know if you have installed any security software or firewall on the computer? if so than I am suggesting that you should disable the same and see whether you are able to play the game or not. If the game is running smoothly than I recommend that you should configure the firewall as well as antivirus program so you will be able to play the game.

I think you need to reinstall the game and after reinstalling the game you should reboot the computer of yours.

I am highly suspecting that there could be big issue with the game and it should be fixed. You should contact the developer of the game and file a bug report to them. The developer of the game will work on the same and they will release the patch which you should download and install the same on the computer of yours. Let’s hope the developer of the game will resolve the above mentioned as early as possible.