Thread: Do you think that Mage Powers are Weaker than Melee in The Elder Scrolls - V - Skyrim

Do you think that Mage Powers are Weaker than Melee in The Elder Scrolls - V - Skyrim

Please guys clear my doubt. I found that Mage Powers are Weaker than Melee. What you guys think? There was this one most important Necromancer within this dungeon that was completely pwning my spellsword. I was primarily mage powers and simply a small amount of one handed and stamina boosts as a result my sword arm was presently for at what time I run out of magic. As a result I and an additional conjurer companion and my wardog obtain our asses handed to us. So at what time the save game loads I presently ran at the most important necro woman screaming my head off and presently started whaling on her through an ebony sword that had no enchantments on top of it. I knew I was going to die (I presently needed to blow off some steam). as a result why did she fall over dead within less than 30 seconds?

Re: Do you think that Mage Powers are Weaker than Melee in The Elder Scrolls - V - Skyrim

I had previous tried with a guardian circle scroll however it takes consequently darn long to cast and doesn't last extremely long that I pretty much believe that scrolls should obtain a buff in the patch at the extremely least. Shorter cast time or longer effect in view of that it's a one shot deal. possibly 180 seconds for the guardian as all it does is stop the dead entering the circle. I presently wish you possibly will cast salt within a circle to keep the dead out.

Re: Do you think that Mage Powers are Weaker than Melee in The Elder Scrolls - V - Skyrim

I appear at my destruction spells up within the late 70's, my conjuring during the 60's and my one handed during the low 40's and doubt what the hell is going on. I should have got killed delimited by Draugr Scourges and a Necro throwing ice spells be fond of crazy. However I was presently going mental through the sword. Not still power attacks presently continuous usual attacks.

Possibly they had some type of magic resistance. Perhaps they had a weakness to non magical weapons. I mostly make use of spells; however carry a couple of dwarven swords used for the simple kills. I'll attempt to remember this if the older reliable destruction spells let me down.

I consider the OP is additional bewildered at the fact that his lowly leveled offensive skill that necessitate no thought or resources to make use of is additional effective than the skills he's invested within, that have a number of drawbacks.

I believe that speed is the key. I was going to append enchantment to my sword however I consider I am going to leave off at the moment I'm as well going to make use of that shout that increases non-enchanted weapons. That is supposed to help a lot.

I've ended my share of kiting during the past and a lot of the time I make use of the dungeon traps on the way to kill the actually bad ones. A number of those kills are consequently satisfying. Similar to that wall of spikes things that splatter you on the way to a wall. This one time the Deathlord or no matter what it was pwning me solid and I ran on the way to the pressure plate and presently dodged the arrows he fired at me after that at what time he virtually got me I ran over the plate, he followed and WHAM. wall of spikes toward the face. Wall resets and guy falls forward onto the plate. At that time my stupid companion walked onto an additional pressure plate and kept performing it herself. and the poison darts that plate triggered killed her. Not at all knew that possibly will happen. Of course for the reason that I was laughing so much at the deathlord I had elapsed to save.

Usually though, kiting the real baddies is hard for the reason that their attacks literally chomp all the way through your health. Devoid of a load of potions you are as superior as dead. That Necro I mentioned presently kept healing herself from her infinite magic superior.

Magic vs. Magic fights are forever tricky for the reason that your enemy will have wards/enchantments within place to negate that. Your barbarian charge most likely caused the necromancer on the way to stagger and attempt to gain distance, save for he possibly will not earlier than you took him down. Magic users classically stop firing magic and back up if you run at them or draw a dagger that is why warriors have an advantage in close combat. The difficulty is typically getting to them, unless you're with the etheral shout.

I presently think that the destruction spells are gravely understrength. For example I ice spiked a fire mage within the face and the entire it took off him was a minute sliver. He did the similar to me (even although he was supposed to be a fire mage) and loads of my health vanished. I was wearing light glass armour. he was wearing a hooded robe. Balance Fail Alert!

Essentially I consider that identical spells are supposed to perform identical damage. If an Apprentice Mage throws an Ice Spike at me it is supposed to do the similar amount of damage if I cast the spell at him at the same time as I was apprentice level. That doesn't seem to be happening at the moment. It's like somebody replace our spells with paintballs. Something presently doesn't feel right is all I'm saying. I am able to whomp a Dragon through the firebolt spell. Throw the similar spell at a man within a dress robe and it's similar to its super armoured against my spells up till now at what time I loot the dead body it's not whatever thing of the sort.

Difficulty is the mob in the region of you that is trying to stop you receiving to the Necro. I had to reload and do it again at what time my companion killed herself and I took the necro down presently the similar. I am supposed to be finding that save and record a video of it. You have to be extremely fast to kill the Necro and it doesn't matter regarding the dead around you for the reason that at what time the Necro drops they drop too.

I think that speed is the key. I was going to add enchantment to my sword however I think I am going to leave off at the moment. I'm also going to use that shout that increases non-enchanted weapons. That are suppose to help a lot. It will not work in all cases however at whattime a single Necro is controlling a mob of Draugr after that the secret is to take the Necro down FAST and ignore the Draugr. possibly leave them to your companions.