Thread: Will Serious Sam 3: BFE bomb like Duke Nukem does

Will Serious Sam 3: BFE bomb like Duke Nukem does

Hello friends, I have a copy in my inventory. I'm not sure unpacking or to change it. I'm in a kind of join right now because I fear it will be a bomb, as Duke Nukem did. So what you think and also you have any information about it then please share with me. Thank you.

Re: Will Serious Sam 3: BFE bomb like Duke Nukem does

It appears a lot improved than the Duke and. Duke was not striking, even in the previews / videos. This game is. I hope that will be fun and all the progress that he liked, cannot be said of Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by SaibalJha View Post
    Hello friends, I have a copy in my inventory. I'm not sure unpacking or to change it. I'm in a kind of join right now because I fear it will be a bomb, as Duke Nukem did. So what you think and also you have any information about it then please share with me. Thank you.
    Ah, do not worry. Whatever your tastes, DNF was universally recognized as the trash, as this is at least as good as the previous chapters.

Serious Sam 3 is previous school and clean Serious Sam. If you've played others that you be familiar with that approximately what to expect. It will be GOTY? I doubt it, but it will be nice to have a new game to the old school style to play in an ocean of mediocre FPS monotony. DNF unfortunately turned out to be a typical streamlined limited shooter today with Duke Skins. Full of youthful grace dirty jokes or without primary school level. Old school is not and why it sucks. We hope 13 years for somewhat that was that we can buy at some time for any developer FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Jung View Post
    Serious Sam 3 is previous school and clean Serious Sam. If you've played others that you be familiar with that approximately what to expect. It will be GOTY? I doubt it, but it will be nice to have a new game to the old school style to play in an ocean of mediocre FPS monotony. DNF unfortunately turned out to be a typical streamlined limited shooter today with Duke Skins. Full of youthful grace dirty jokes or without primary school level. Old school is not and why it sucks. We hope 13 years for somewhat that was that we can buy at some time for any developer FPS.
    I hope the two are fine. But I must say the video game SS3 certainly looks more interesting than DNF. So the bomb in the SS3 will better then the DNF, so you can see while the game comes.

Quote Originally Posted by SaibalJha View Post
    I hope the two are fine. But I must say the video game SS3 certainly looks more interesting than DNF. So the bomb in the SS3 will better then the DNF, so you can see while the game comes.
    It will not be for everyone, but that will appeal to a certain group of people who seriously disappointed in what happened with DNF. You know the fans of oldies DN3D, Doom, Hexen, Heretic, analgesic, etc. If a person really favor to play only the present industry copy for the shooters, then it is likely that a person who is likely to enjoy a game of SS in the first place SS1 or SS3. If you like old school and run and shoot games though and as I have said all along that like other SS games, then you should enjoy the SS3. No regeneration, except in the resort, QS is available if you wish. If not, there are checkpoints, no limit on the number of weapons you can carry. Naked women showing themselves! Be sure to stock up on paper bags though.

For me, Serious Sam 3 is very different compared to DNF. I do not know why people compare them. Of course both are monsters that can cut and both are of the old school, but Serious Sam is just different. I do not know how to describe it because of my bad English. Serious Sam battles are large scale, where battles are small DNF and timed. You see this fight some monsters take a break or a joke funny evil Duke, rinse and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimos View Post
    For me, Serious Sam 3 is very different compared to DNF. I do not know why people compare them. Of course both are monsters that can cut and both are of the old school, but Serious Sam is just different. I do not know how to describe it because of my bad English. Serious Sam battles are large scale, where battles are small DNF and timed. You see this fight some monsters take a break or a joke funny evil Duke, rinse and repeat.
    The comparisons are there not because DN3D and SS play anything alike, but because most of us DN3D fans expect and is expected to race a gun updated graphics and game DN3D old school style of DNF and we have instead was a typical modern shooter Duke limited skins. Modern shooters are a dime a dozen in a Duke slapping not mean its better just a parody of what might have been. The actual gameplay does not compare as well as the mechanics of the game and play. DNF has only checkpoints, limited slots weapons, a horrible travesty DN3D dirty humor (DN3D be really fun), Regen for the love of God in a game at Duke.

SS3 has remained true to what is expected in a game of the old school. No regeneration, except in tourism, health packs, good to find, explore the environment, quicksave and manual saving checkpoints along with those who do not want to use or store QS manual, which can carry as lots of weapons as you can find, does not hide behind cover or camping, assault enemies on all sides. Crotean betrayed his fans not to flatter casual players. 3DRealms/Gearbox not cares about the fans that waited 13 years. The same could be said of AvP2010. Causal players who might buy are more important than the fans and it cost the rebellion and gearbox. There's certainly additional than sufficient room for the new old-school shooters along with the more casual shooter available these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimos View Post
    That's true, I have never seen as similar. Sam is more like the Doom-scale battles with the duke kind of humor. It is closer to doom for the Duke game. SS3 is a little different, obviously.

I think a better title would have been willing to pump fans DNF SS SS3 made for fans of DN3D. The fans are what count. For if the people in general are hoping SS3 to sell MW3 and BF3 numbers sold that will not happen unless a miracle. I guess for them it would be a bomb. For me, as long as it is a real game of the SS, which is true, and fans are happy with it, I consider myself a winner. I knew it was not only one DNF videos of the game before I ever got my hands on the game. Playing more than confirm what we already feared. All videos of the game have shown SS's play as SS.

The dissimilarity among DNF and SS3:
    • DNF determined to try to modify their old classic game in the gameplay latest and up to date. Not essentially a good thing
    • SS3, from various videos and previews (GiantBomb had a very good advance) seems to be changing only minor things such as recharging of certain weapons, while maintaining the successful formula Serious Sam more or less intact
    • DNF was in manufacture for, what, period of 15 yrs? It was disregarded about three times, almost certainly more, and changed makers and developers of a couple of times
    • SS3 Croteam has been with all the time.
    • DNF was done with console controls in mind, the two weapons which limit and reliable control system
    • SS3 is the first for PC

DNF, while I enjoyed it and liked it for what it was, it was a game from the beginning, because the only connection between it and DN3D was merely visual (Duke, aliens, some of the weapons, etc). SS3 has a better chance of success, since it is a real consequence (err, prequel), and not just generic shooter 476 and attach Sam.