Thread: Offline mode in Anno 2070 game

Offline mode in Anno 2070 game

Hello friends, I bought the game this morning (published today in France, not now in other countries), and I am able to connect to the server to log Ubisoft. I'm actually in a public Wi-Fi (big problem for 2 months with my phone provider is a viable alternative), and I suppose that is the problem (I cannot connect to Steam not), but when I see the button offline, I was thinking that it might work at most for the campaign, but when the game's launch, which took me to one more login page and I cannot do anything. I have not missed somewhat, or offline mode was discarded in the latter part of development? Thanks in advance.

Re: Offline mode in Anno 2070 game

It is said in "System requirements" that the one-time activation is required. There is an option when the installer WWW requests activation codes. I have not tried it, but I guess it's for activating the Web browser instead of Uplay in the game activation.

The activation of the game has been done and it has worked, I also do not contain the requirement of the WWW system, it's when I start on the game, it request my Ubisoft login and password (similar to an Online Profile on Anno 1404), the simply additional option is that to “Create an Account” which has transported me back on the browser of the Ubisoft website. I took my computer to my parent's and utilized their connection, the lastly it has start, the whole thing seems to be perfect, except when I disconnect, I am not able to re-launch the game, yet with using the "offline mode" it ask me to login (yeah, logic). So the game insists a continuous connection for playing, even UN single mode, that's not indicated anywhere, just "requires Internet connection for multiplayer"... That's signify my game is of no use until I acquire at last a correct real connection, I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherilyn View Post
    The activation of the game has been done and it has worked, I also do not contain the requirement of the WWW system, it's when I start on the game, it request my Ubisoft login and password (similar to an Online Profile on Anno 1404), the simply additional option is that to “Create an Account” which has transported me back on the browser of the Ubisoft website. I took my computer to my parent's and utilized their connection, the lastly it has start, the whole thing seems to be perfect, except when I disconnect, I am not able to re-launch the game, yet with using the "offline mode" it ask me to login (yeah, logic). So the game insists a continuous connection for playing, even UN single mode, that's not indicated anywhere, just "requires Internet connection for multiplayer"... That's signify my game is of no use until I acquire at last a correct real connection, I'm happy.
    That's not correct. All you have to do is enter the account information for the account you used to register (registration information), then you will be prompted to another screen where you can select the online game in the bottom right corner, then the launch of the game without internet connection.

What Cherilyn said. After logging out and then hitting off-line mode or just hit the off-line mode that passes through the announcement of the first screen then the "login page" is coming. The only other option I can find is the "exit game"

Quote Originally Posted by Marjorie View Post
    What Cherilyn said. After logging out and then hitting off-line mode or just hit the off-line mode that passes through the announcement of the first screen then the "login page" is coming. The only other option I can find is the "exit game"
    Even if you start in offline mode, Anno is trying to connect to the Internet. Well in fact I do not realize what they are trying to do here. If I choose "Offline" I wish for to stay offline. The simply way to play online is to break the Internet connection. And then you for all time have the red X in the upper right corner. I do not think this is acceptable. I have the right to decide when to play online or not. If Ubisoft does not want me to play online, just say yes, they lost me as a customer anyway.

It works perfectly fine. All you have to do is: Open the game, the pitcher will start. Exit the shuttle, a new window will appear, turn off the "log-in automatically" box and have the setup menu launcher (the button in the right corner at the bottom, choose "mode of force off-line "and accept). The pitcher then starts in offline mode, even if you are connected to the Internet. The online mode offers a lot of good features (such as daily quests, mini-campaign, etc), so if you do not tell the pitcher to do otherwise, he will try to make new features available if you lose the connection. However, as I said before, you can play online completely. All you have to do is adjust the settings.

So I tried and it says it will, but the bastard did not. I have some anograms another option that would give me for one, and I do not think that it has worked properly for me.

I've been trying this on and off all day and works perfectly every time. I can start the game online; you can begin the game online. I can begin online when I contain no connection to the Internet and you can start offline, if I contain an Internet connection. All I can say is that it works completely fine to start the online game, once it became the first record where you need the Internet connection at once.