Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim need to remove level scaling

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim need to remove level scaling

I dont like level scaling like oblivion style. All I just really want is a static like morrowind so that I can sense of adventure. From the start itself I am playing this game with skyre all the time and its awesome but I am sure that it still has the enemies scale with you or is it wrong? I was thinking that it should have been similar like considering requiem, ace or such.

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim need to remove level scaling

Extensive level scaling is the worst thing that has happened to RPG progress. I understand using level scaling to some extent, e.g. to make the game challenging even when you are at high level and have great items, but high level items should be rare. Not every common thief should start wearing glass and Daedric equipment only because I passed a level threshold because then the game becomes absurd.

I completely agree, I for once have never acquired an entire Daedric set in Morrowind (which I actually like). Whenever I stumbled upon one of those rare artifacts I was thrilled, but in Oblivion I probably had five sets or something like that... I also feel the same way about the creatures, there's no fun in encountering the same units all the time, depending on which level you're on. It destroys some of the "believability" of the game.

I really hated the level scaling in Oblivion, but I feel like Bethesda did a really great job with it in Fallout 3, so if it's similar to that I won't have any complaints. Level scaling decreases the importance of level. In fact, it was easier to finish the main question at level 5 than it was at level 30 or 40.

I don’t think that level scaling should be removed, I think there should be a mixture if leveled and unleveled creatures will make combat varied. Unleveled creatures force the player to be bound to a portion of the map.