Thread: Have to restart The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim many times

Have to restart The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim many times

I have restarted my game four times now because I am either not satisfied with how my character looks, his goal or the way I am going about things. I am curious to see if I am the only one that is very picky on how someone goes throughout the game.

Re: Have to restart The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim many times

No, I have never restarted the game while playing. I am happy with my character because I took all the time I needed to get it right the first time.

In my case I have just restarted just one time. I ended up just completely messing up my character in my opinion because I just had perks everyone and never used them all, not to mention I didn't like how my character used every style of fighting, that problem kind of just happened. I am fine with how my Drumner looks. I usually place that race or Breten in game since I like playing some sort of battlemage.

I have 2 characters on the go. My first one is a "battlemagy" mutt type. Level 26. My second one is a level 9 thief. I am satisfied with both. I just wanted to try a thief as it's something I never played fully before. I like the mage types. I have done the mage/battlemage thing in every other TES game.

I decided before we got the game and I wouldn't do that this time and with the open leveling and no locked class system it makes it easier to change your ways/tactics if you are not happy. I have always done that with all games restarted several times, this time I just wanted to go for it. It will probably be a couple of years for the next installment so there is plenty of time to make new characters and explore parts of the game I'm ignoring this time around.

For me, this happens four times.
    • Haegar Wulfbrand - Nord Assassin - I was just trying to get a feel for the new stealth system
    • Ulfgar Ironbrand - Nord Warrior - First attempt at a melee class.
    • T'vash - Khajiit Assassin - My loveable cat is perfect. I wouldn't change him!
    • Ulfgar Iron-Brand - Nord Warrior - Remade to the no-fast-travel rule.

It happens about 5-6 out of which first three to get the character look right then the others because I kept doing something stupid like leveling blacksmith then getting my ass handed to me by anyone I came across. I will start again for a 5th time eventually. But that will to be so I can make an imperial to join the Legion.

Gets to a stage when you think hmm a character with the skills and reputation of mine that is high up in organization and that wouldn’t be a standard infantry soldier in the legion or delivering frost salts to a merchant. Finally designed my chars face so it doesn’t look 80 years old or like it’s been crushed in a vice so it’s all good, will stick it out this time around.

This was twice for me. First time stealth archer at level 28 because sneaking is waaaaay overpowered and the game became trivial. It happens second time when arcane archer at level 10 because I wasn't happy with the roleplay. And I just started my (hopefully final) wood elf ranger who will not abuse sneaking but will use a companion for the first time.

It occurs once to me because I didn't realize you could go with stormcloaks during the opening. My character is a Nord and I want to side with them. Also I wasn't exploring and developing my character, wasn't really roleplaying. Restarted and having an amazing time, level 28 and I've only visited White Run and Markarth. This game exceeded my ridiculously high expectations. Other than this, the game is working great without any problem. I am very happy and satisfied with the game.