Thread: The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim Dragon attack on Riverwood

The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim Dragon attack on Riverwood

From when I killed the first dragon in the main quest I had not seen another for around 10 hours. I was busy with the bard’s quests. So I was just entered Riverwood to look for a house to purchase and I picked up a little smiting quest as of the smithy and went to work. At the time when I was doing this I heard a little "Roaarr" into background and thought that it sounds far away and again I thought that his is just be an ambient sound for atmosphere. When I was finished with the little quest then I noticed that he was holding his fists up and people were shouting. I walked out to see an archer guard pointing his bow into the sky. This is time when I saw that. There was a freaking dragon which was flying overhead and attacking the city. He was jumping onto the houses and whatnot. So I thought that I must share this with you people.

Re: The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim Dragon attack on Riverwood

I just came back to Riverwood for the first time within 25 hours and I ran into a dragon attack as well. I acquire the impression that quite a few of the dragon encounters are not random but scripted parts of quests. I do not mind that.

I love how you react when you see it and wow you were just talking to your local smith and it came out of nowhere, this is really funny. I was attacked by one just outside of Riften. He was a bit challenged and would only fly in the clouds without attacking. I came back to riverwood after getting a small quest to get the smithing wife to shut up about something (fist fight), and when i arrived i heard a scream and the dragon attacked

I came across a mentally challenged dragon as well that was outside of the winterhold. He flew in a strange and funny way! Looked like a ballerina in space. It is a bug I think, and thankfully it's rare. All other dragons look and react amazingly.

There are some of the areas which is more likely to have dragon encounters probably. And maybe some parts are not suited for dragons at all due to no room to land. I don't know about that but it's all a matter of chance.

I also just had a dragon attack Riverwood. At first it was freaking hilarious with Alvor and the Sigrid got killed by the dragon. But then the guards got in a loop of accusing me of killing Sigrid, which was pretty annoying considering that I make Riverwood my home and so I had to reload. And then someone else died. Reload again and someone else died. Finally I got the bright idea of going inside and waiting until dark when the NPCs would be gone to bed, then fighting the dragon. That worked for me and I still managed to accidentally hit Alvor with an arrow for which half the town attacked me. It's still an Elder Scrolls game. But it was pretty darn cool at first. A similar but more successful dragon attack happened at the College of Winterhold. There's now a dragon bone sculpture in the College's courtyard.

A dragon randomly attacked when I had just fast traveled inside Whiterun. Only a couple of guards reacted, some NPCs further away didn't even run, and after I killed it I couldn't absorb the soul. The corpse just lied there with NPCs walking past it (through it) like nothing. I wonder if it ever goes away, been there for a while now.

I have been attacked by dragons the last three times I have gone to Riverwood. Now there is 3 bloody great skeletons dotted around the town.

The dragon attacks are wonderful. It was just a few hours after I did the main quest initial dragon attack and I was wandering around hunting ore spots, alchemy ingredients and animals for hides. When a dragon swooped down and roasted an elk I was stalking. I was absolutely dumbfounded. Was this random or scripted? Do dragons in this game actually hunt wild game as well? I quickly saved, poisoned an arrow and let fly. This is a level 7 archer with less than 10 hours of play time vs. a dragon. Went through a case of healing potions and two stacks of arrows, but by golly I killed it.

I just had a dragon attack me just outside Solitude. It was an easy fight as there were guardsmen everywhere with bows. Then when the dragon was dead a guardsman walked over to me and told me off for shouting, he said there’s no law against it but he'd throw me in jail if I did it again and this makes me shouting scares people. Now I feel bad for shouting at them.

My best encounter was when a bloody dragon landed in the main area of the Cow. It got absolutely pelted though. I kept it down by continually staggering it with dual wielded firebolts (the stagger perk is absolutely brilliant) and everyone else completely rinsed it.

I think the NPCs can be killed; the first time I fought a dragon, he killed a number of guards. I haven't fought a dragon in town yet. I have only killed two or three but the most recent one was interesting. I was travelling west from Riften to Mount Hrothgar and stopped by the sawmill when a dragon attacked. He landed in the woods east of the mill and was attacked by spiders.

You have been attacked loads by dragons! The other night i fast travel led to a point on the map, turned around to see a dragon circling and roaring! I ran over and saw it land, it was fighting 3 crabs in a small pool of water!!! Crabs lost After i killed the dragon i ran off, and found another dragon flying around a point in the distance. I thought it must be a shrine place, ran over and there was loads of light coming from the ground. I realized the dragon flying around was resurrecting another dragon! I ran in and attacked whilst the skin was forming and killed it. The other dragon in the sky flew away. I then fast travel led back to the city where you buy a house for 5k, and as soon as i arrived, another bloody dragon attacked the town! I was like Wholly Crap.