Thread: Time frame bug in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Time frame bug in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Not being mean, just really dim bug or I am just really stupid, but the time of day in which my day changes seems to float, start of the game it was 11:00 pm day would change, now its 5 pm and the day changes, this is really stupid, and makes a lot of quests really hard to do, some might even be impossible but i haven't run into one yet, but on my current quest he will not enter a certain area that makes the quest easier to do because his day check tells him to go to another city before his time of day check tells him to go to this building.

Re: Time frame bug in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Happens to me too. When I start a new game the day changes at 10 pm. In my latest save file (about 15 hours in) the day changes 2 hours early. I have no idea what's causing this. I did modify my INI quite a bit and installed some texture mods, but other than that, nothing. What about you, have you changed anything at all? Any help or ideas what it could be related to are greatly appreciated.

Wonder if this is causing some of the quest/AI related problems, and stopping things triggering at certain times that should be triggering? Also wonder if this is linked in with the fact that the game developers seemed unaware that locking timing intervals for the entire engine into FPS was a bad idea for a game release on the PC - the faster your FPS, the faster things work (which mucks up physics engine for instance in to flinging objects everywhere like crazy, screws up Y-Sensitivity, and can reduce AI events to be almost at a standstill if your PC is struggling to keep up with the game), so the day changing and time of day is also mucking up.

There must be a reason why the developers did not put an option in the launcher to disable V-sync. They are all gamers and they probably know that V-sync sucks on pc. This is why, other than for graphical adjustments I haven't touched the .ini files. I play with Vsync on with the 360 controller. The UI definitely feels like it was designed with the 360 controller in mind and it shows, because it’s terrible to play it with the keyboard and mouse. I haven't experienced any major bugs.

I am no expert so my technical understanding in this area is lacking, so correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that mean that the game would also have trouble on certain TV setups? I mean, and here comes to part I don't really have knowledge about, if this is in some way tied to the refresh rate, wouldn't you experience these problems on a 3D TV (refresh rate 120 Hz) also? As far as I know most normal TVs have a refresh rate of 60 Hz. Or doesn't Skyrim support 3D? But if your right, which is hard to prove at this point if ever at all, then Beth had better solve this issue one way or the other, either by not tying the whole game to FPS or making the game playable with V-Sync enabled.

I will bet you will be as surprised as I was, but re-enabling V-Sync fixed the issue. Even in my advanced savegame, lo and behold! Looks like V-Sync (or rather iPresentInterval) is responsible for more than just refresh rates, at least it seems so. To be fair, I did change quite a few things back to default in the INI and just enabled those tweaks I just don't want to live without, but it's not many, very few to be exact. Please try it and tell me if it works for you also.