Thread: Does the new engine for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim make the province bigger

Does the new engine for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim make the province bigger

Hello friends, I was thinking that the level of the scale of the province with the use of this new engine seems much bigger than the original. Do you think this is? Please tell me about it and also wanted to know your opinion about it. Thank you.

Re: Does the new engine for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim make the province bigger

Well, apart from / do not know about the new engine /, a "new engine" is a technical thing to be almost negligible for the final product. They cannot do magic, something that could be done in the new engine can also be done in Gamebryo - just a new engine, as they do so more efficiently, simply because that's how it is designed. It's not magic. If Bethesda wants a big province, so the engine is running is not going to change that.

Re: Does the new engine for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim make the province bigger

I think a new engine would have an element of factoring in the change of size we see in the province ... I agree that an engine is not quite the general factor of the determination in the game, but I think a new one could add more of a difference to what we expect from him and another idea about the size of the province could also elevation change ... such as the concept of inner caves in the steps that have cracks in which you could go far below the mountains

I do not care if the map of a minor. Smaller detailed map = dungeons and areas with tons of unique items. It really does not bother about it and also I not think about it.

Morrowind was lower, but was larger due to limited sight distance (and slower running speed). Cyrodiil was bowl-shaped, which lets you see everything from everywhere. Skyrim should have many more mountains to obstruct the view, you cannot see more than half of the province from all points, so I think that makes you feel bigger.

Yes, I've played I'd say that made the world so great obscurity, added things that make it smaller (instant travel, inner cities, the horses, not much between them). However, I think that made Morrowind so small (compared to what they wanted to put in it) that adds things to make it larger (fog of war, varied terrain, slowness of movement, travel morrowind fast style and a lot of things along the road).

I do not mind being bigger than the map of Oblivion, but I would be fine if the same size. Playing the game and also the map with the normal size which are there in the game.

Ah, yes, fast travel is another big thing. If you do not give us access to major cities to the right of the map from the beginning (Oblivion), but make it necessary to discover the places yourself first (Fallout 3) then definitely feel bigger.

Check out Morrowind, the mass of the earth seemed huge, unless you used a graphics module to remove the fog, no mist and mountain corridors in the world of Morrowind does not seem as great as it was. In Oblivion, you could see almost every city of any part of the game, even though the area was much larger than Morrowind. It does not really create a huge mass, lowering how much the player can see and make it difficult to travel, and then the world seems bigger than it actually is.