Thread: How to fix Glowing Eyes BUG in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

How to fix Glowing Eyes BUG in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Does anyone know how to fix this outrageously annoying BUG? I tried changing gender, race (worked only till I start fight or travel, than eyes starts to glow again) and steam missing files option, nothing helped. Please if anyone has any idea about this than please help me.

Re: How to fix Glowing Eyes BUG in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I figured out what caused this for me was the Aura Whisper Shout, no idea how to fix it yet. If you find solution, please post it here for me, and maybe for someone in future too, I'll do the same of course. I noticed it soon enough and went back save by save until I didn't have it then played through my same steps and watched for it. You know, like a tester would or should have done.

It’s honestly game breaking for someone that plays the game in 3rd person and has to see a trail of glowing orbs following your characters head 24/7. Makes me want to not play it at all.. For the sake of the nine divines, I hope Bethesda will notice this and fix it. I know it doesn't seem like much, but I can't play the game in 1st person, it's I think not possible, all the elder scrolls games I have played in were in 3rd person. I as well don't play fps games so it just provides me an odd feeling when looking at things up close and two feet from your head. Everything I've tried doesn't fix this, doing the sexchange thing, fast traveling, killing myself, restarting, reinstalling, everything. I also have no mods or anything installed. It all happened after using the aura's whisper shout too, which is a shame because that's my most used shout.

Looks like it's not Draugr Eyes. I have edit 3 .dds and nothing change. Maybe I fail to use my modification, I have added path: textures/actors/draugr (and eyes files) to my game folder. Then, go ahead, I have no time for this kind of crap, I am not a real dds/bsa editor. Still no official word on this, I also emailed support a couple days ago and got no reply. The unfortunate reality of the matter is that this bug is too small and insignificant for Bethesda to notice and fix. We'll have to wait for a mod to come out to fix it.

I'm positive that Glowing Eyes is caused by Aura Whisper Shout, 1 minute ago glowing eyes occurred again (the only positive way to fix it is unfortunately backtrack on your saves), but this time I'm smarter and I'm saving more often along with TPP "eye-check", anyway to the point, after I used AWS while running around some mountains, I got these cursed eyes, than I loaded used it again and voila, another set of glowing eyes. So here you have it Bethesda, now you know what's causing this, fix it. If anyone will get to the point where using Aura Whisper Shout means 100% glowing eyes.

You don't have to backtrack your saves or anything. I found a good fix that works, albeit temporarily, until you go in first person or load a save. Press the ~ key to open console and type, 'sexchange', now press enter and do those steps a second time to get your person back to normal. After doing this you don't have any glowing eyes anymore, you're completely cleansed of the horrid glitch. Also, if you happen to quickload or something, an easy way to do the sexchange thing quickly is to just open console and press the up arrow key, it automatically types in what you previously put into console. I found this temp fix to work so far, it will do until something happens in the future like a patch or a mod.

You had me excited there for a moment, going “Good fix" and all. But this is pretty useless IMO. I switch back and forth into third person and first person all the time, as do many others.

My character's glowing eyes don't look exactly like the screen shot, the glow is green and it looks like green light is being shined on his eye sockets. I don't have the aurora whisper shout, but I do have Kyne's Peace which produces the proper shade of green. However, going back to a save from before I got the bug, I haven't been able to replicate it. As to where I may have picked it up, I've been doing mages guild quests, though not exclusively.

It's probably a particle effect using a default glow color instead of a texture. I got this too, but they're hidden inside my Khajit's head so it's not a real problem for me (but I do get green flickering in first person very rarely). It's strange that you can make it go away in third person using the sexchange console command twice, but it comes back as soon as you go into first person.

Anyone know this? "Its not a bug, its a feature!"
    I got AWS at about the same time when i lvled my illusion skills to 100, so when i got the eyes, I was damn happy like "Illusion mages get glowing eyes!Awesome!"
    So it's only a matter of viewpoint. Who wouldnt want glowing eyes?