Thread: Getting ‘Game is currently unavailable, Please try again later’ error message in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Getting ‘Game is currently unavailable, Please try again later’ error message in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

as I am trying to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 on the computer of mine. But wherever I am trying to do the same I am getting an error message which has been already mentioned in the title of this particular thread. I cannot find out why the above mentioned issue is happening? Any help on this particular matter will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Getting ‘Game is currently unavailable, Please try again later’ error message in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Well to get the exact root cause of the problem I wanted to know following details.
    Operating system installed on the computer
    What is the hardware configuration?
    Is there any firewall or security software installed on the computer?

Re: Getting ‘Game is currently unavailable, Please try again later’ error message in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

To fix the issue of yours I am suggesting that you should simply restart the Steam on the computer. let me know what is the output. in case there is no change in the situation than i am suggesting that you should restart the game to get the difference into the situation. if it is not working than I am suggesting that you should simply reboot the computer of yours and after that you should try to play the game.

Looking at the situation I think you will need to verify the integrity of the game cache. You will be able to do the same you have to use the following instruction.
    You should load Steam on the computer.
    You have to click on the Library section of the game and then you have to right click on the game.
    From the right click menu you have to click on the Properties and then you have to go for the Local files tab. Once you have done the same you have to click on the Check the integrity of the game cache button.

There could be an issue with the server itself. So I recommend that you should wait for sometime and again you should try to connect with the game server.

I think in this particular situation you require to do port forwarding on the router of yours. you will require to do following steps.
    You have to go for NAT/PAT settings which is located at the advanced section of router interface.
    Code:
    TCP: 3074
    TCP: From 27014 to 27050
    UDP: 3074
    UDP: From 27000 to 27030
    Now you should add new rule and you have to go for Create new rule option and you should put the above mentioned numbers into the external as well as internal ports. You should select protocol as TCP or UDP.

If you have installed firewall on the computer then I recommend that you should disable and see what output do you getting? if you have resolved the issue than you should configure the firewall on the computer of yours so that the above mentioned issue cannot appear in the future.

After going through the issue I am suggesting that you should reinstall the game on the computer of yours.

Well I think the entire thing is happening because of the bug issue. I recommend that you should contact the developer of the game and file a bug report to them. The developer of the game will work on the same and release the patch which you can download and install the same on the computer of yours. I am hoping that the developer of the game will help you out to get the requirement of yours.

This is an error caused by Steam. If you read their forums you have to rename a file, Program Files > Steam >ClientRegistry.blob rename to > ClientRegistryold.blob.(Do not delete any files even after Steam repairs itself in next step). Restart Steam and Steam will repair itself. I had the same message and this fixed it for me.
    Last edited by wildtales; 23-11-2011 at 11:31 AM. Reason: typo