Thread: ALL saves become corrupt in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

ALL saves become corrupt in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

While playing this game what happens is that after playing the 25+ hours suddenly ALL saves become corrupt. Was shocked seeing this but I noticed one thing is that there was no crash in the game. But the thing is that I cannot load the 10 saves as it says that they are corrupt. And I tried deleting the “.bak” extensions of autosaves but it didn’t help either. So I want to you all to help me with this issue.

Re: ALL saves become corrupt in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I just had the same problem. My character is level 27 and I've put a lot of time into this game... and now EVERY SAVE is corrupt! It just feels irritated and starting the game from begining is so frustrating that completing the same level again which you have already finished it.

I've barely had any real problems with my game until last night. Got my main up to level 15 and started experiencing severe FPS drop. Just completely uncharacteristic to what I'd been experiencing prior and in places where my FPS was generally steller (out in the open world/in towns.). For me, It happened after a random CTD. No big as it happens from time to time. Tried reloading my save, BAMF, loads for 2 secs and CTD. Tried a prior save, same thing. Tried a completely different character save, same thing. All gone.I guess I should have known better and backed them up in a separate location as this happened to me a few times in Oblivion as well.

Starting a new game and then loading works for some people but not for everybody. For me nothing worked so I guess I'll wait for the next patch to see if it fixes the situation or I'll have to start all over and this time backing up my save files ever single day