Thread: help me fixing the Thieves' Guild Quests in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

help me fixing the Thieves' Guild Quests in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

While playing this game I just got stucked at one of the level where Thieves' Guild Quest and Brynjolf told me to speak with Maven Black-briar. I could not locate her, and there were no quest indicators to help, no matter how much I fiddled with the quest menu, so I decided to try the console to fix the problem. This was something I had to do numerous times when playing through Oblivion to fix the game when it broke itself. After much fiddling around, Can anybody help with this? I'm sure there was a bug that occurred somewhere along the way, but there was so much playing time between me initially not finding Maven, and then finally finding her in the Inn, that it seems impossible to pinpoint. Surely, knowing what quest and faction variables there are, there should be a way to fix this in the console? Any help at all would be appreciated

Re: help me fixing the Thieves' Guild Quests in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I have the exact same problem.After finishing Loud and Clear,Bryjnjolf gives me my reward but doesn't trigger the next quest.I've tried anything from leveling up and coming up later to even attacking a thieves guild member then paying up to be accepted again(thinking that this might reset things).No luck,Dampened Spirits doesn't trigger. Of course next step was to use the console to get the quest but I have the exact same error as you,which is the Getinfaction error.I can trigger any other quest with the console but not this one.

I decided to wait for the patch because I don't want to skip any guilds quests.For now Im doing the Mage guild quests and hoping it fares better.

I completed 4 or 5 Companion quests before joining Thieves Guild, havent joined Mages Guild yet(actually havent even visited the city where Mage Guild is yet). What I was wondering if this bug has something to do with the quest where you steal the horse(Frost) from Black-Briar Lodge, since you can interract with Maven in the middle of that quest

Personally i think alot of the quests in Riften are flat out bugged. Like i am unable to become Thane of Riften, i talk to the Jarl and she tells me to help people out and buy a house there, i complete both and the quest says talk to the Jarl but she has no chat option for becoming the Thane and the quest is stuck in my log. Also stuck on one of the ledger quests for the thieves guild for the one in the boarding house where the quest marks a box in the attic and i am unable to use the ledger behind the front counter in the room. I am just glad these are side quests that are bugged for me and not main quests.

maybe the error means that somehow the player gets glitched and the game doesn't recognize him part of Thieves Guild and the next quest doesn't trigger.

This ain't a gitch, it's a bug.
    For the quest dampened spirits you need to go to honningbrew meadary.
    If you been there already (for some other quest or so) then the game won't give you the quest Dampened spirits to continue the thieves guild quest line.
    I know, it is like the 10th bug i've discovered in skyrim *sigh*.
    But don't worry, Bethesda is aware of this bug and will fix it in the next patch.