Thread: Adventures World offer all neighbors Recruiting an expedition

Adventures World offer all neighbors Recruiting an expedition

I love this game very much. I'm hopelessly addicted, to the point that I am shamelessly neglecting my neighbors in other games. However, I do have one minor complaint that arose yesterday. What is the point of soliciting eight neighbors for the cavern if I can't hire all of them? I'm not sure how the hiring works, so perhaps it was my fault that I couldn't, but I was working my way down the list and hit "daily hiring limit reached." There's no clock on the "daily limit reached," so I don't know at what point today I'll get to hire them. If it only refers to the neighbors for the cavern, then I don't see why I need eight if I can't hire all eight. If it's cumulative, I think it should be clearer that you're about to run out of hires for the day--I'd save them for higher XP actions to help me toward leveling up (and therefore more energy).

Re: Adventures World offer all neighbors Recruiting an expedition

The Daily Hiring Limit is a difficult limitation. We can already only use the same crew member every 24 hours, so why in the world it there a daily limit also on the number we can use. With our 30 energy, the slow energy gain, and enemies sapping when they hit, the random energy rewards and crew members are not enough to just get up and sail through this game.

What gets me if you don’t have many friends who play the game sometimes you have to buy more crew - like in the cavern mission- that is not fair and will cause people to delete the game?

For the non-story maps (the ones you can repeat) it’s a moot point because you can only have 5 listed at a time anyway. But for the storyline Idol maps I fail to see why we're REQUIRED to take so many people along if they're not all allowed to help. As its put above: what’s the point?

They put the limit there because if you could use all 8 crew, it'd be 24 energy (with your 30, allowing you to have almost twice your energy cap) - which means less money going towards the stupid coffee for energy.

I do not know why we have crews with more than 5 members. The daily crew use limit is 5 members. You can reuse them after 24 hours again. So why do they tease us with crews of 7, 9, 12 and more, if we cannot use them when we want to. Just make the crews 5 members, if that is all we can use in a 24 hour period.

If you are required to have more than 5 crew for a map quest then you should be able to hire all of them during the course of the map which often takes less than the 24 hours it takes before you can hire more again. Requiring us to recruit them and not be able to use them is ridiculous. But it'd just be a repeat of what everyone else said, this is really ridiculous. Would it really be so bad if we were able to do the volcano in under a full day, really?

I agree with this. We should only be able to/have to hire the number of crew that we can use in one day. having more crew slots (esp when those are required for the mission) seems like a way to either have us recruit more friends (who may not play except to sign up as neighbors so we can visit them but will probably be counted toward the number of people who play for this app in the monthly stats) or buy crew members that we don't need since we can only use five a day.

i don't see how it helps the player in any way; AFAICS all this does is unnecessarily slow people down and thereby frustrate them. We’re already slowed down by the low energy (only 30 points and slow regeneration as well as energy being taken by glitches, etc.) and the wall post limits (they expire after 8 hours, you can only click on 20 or 25 a day) as well as the high resource requirements after the beginning. All those are frustrating and keep people from playing the game much. Do you really want another way to frustrate players and lock us out of the game?

I don't understand why the larger quests require that we get 10 crew (or however many) when after hiring 4, I've reached my daily hiring limit. So, what is the point of having 10? I have to spam 10 of my neighbors with requests when I can only get help from 4 of them each day anyway. I just don't get the point. Am I missing something? I really like this game but all the limitations frustrate me. Can't play for more than 5 min at a time because I run out of energy. Can't hire more than 4 crew even though I'm required to have 10. Can't get energy from more than 10 of my neighbors. I'm sure there's more but those are the biggies and it's really ruining what is otherwise a really nice game.

First, the 10 crew members just show that you're entering a much harder level. You actually got something wrong in your post; the limit for hiring your crew members is 5 for every expedition/quest per day. For the next part, everyone is on the same boat as you. We all dislike the limits of this game especially when it comes to energy. Unfortunately, all we can do right now is to wait for the suggestions to be accepted (if it will ever get accepted). If you can't bear with how the things are going on right now, you'll just have to get used to it.

Well, it only let me hire 4. Maybe it's supposed to be 5 but it only let me do 4. I'm so sorry that I made you repeat yourself. I'm entitled to my opinion, aren't I? I'm just expressing that opinion and I simply asked if I was misunderstanding something. Obviously, I wasn't missing anything it makes you take on 10 when you don't need that many. The difficulty of the quest/length it takes to complete it should be plenty to indicate that I am at a much harder level. Having me make pointless requests is just that pointless.

I like the game overall. But, I can be frustrated with it. You could very well have just glossed over my post and went on with your life. I, personally, was fine without your snippy condescending reply. You certainly don't have to agree with me or like what I write but most people are either nice about it or just don't reply at all.