Thread: Unofficial patch for fixing some graphical bugs in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Unofficial patch for fixing some graphical bugs in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I found that game works incorrectly for some hardware and drivers, so did a patch. For example it fixing invisible fire from dragons, magic FX, volumetric fog and other effects, black dots and "fence" on the screen on ATI and NVidia cards, long time freezes per 3-5 minutes of gameplay, some sound problems. In future I am planning to add new visual FX to this game.

Re: Unofficial patch for fixing some graphical bugs in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Try to turn off Antialiasing in game options, configure catalyst control center (for ATI) or nvidia control center to disable forced Antialiasing/multisampling (if enabled) or stereo and so on. Also, make sure XFire, Afterburn, XVGA overlay or gpu tweak tools are not running, they are not compatible with enbseries or my patches.

Re: Unofficial patch for fixing some graphical bugs in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Don't know what happened if game crashes with patch installed. Pixelated shadows are not a game bug, but i fixed it and update will be available in graphic mod version of ENBSeries (higher precision of shadow texture, very noticable on actors). Bug with trees still unknown for me, can't simulate it, so can't fix.

Patch worked for me, took a severe hit in frames though. Not the patches fault, my hardware is old. Going to try disabling the shadow fix (which looks great btw) to see how much it helps - going to have to trade off something. Didn't know i was missing that much - I knew fire, webs, & clairvoyance were missing but the entire atmosphere of the game changed (for the better) with this patch. Highly recommended if your rig can handle it all.

As i have no crashes or freezes to think of, i still wanted to try this to see if texture flickering or general performance issues were addressed. From what i can see, this d3d9.dll fix hindered my game performance. I cleared the SkyrimPref to allow the game to start a new one, added the d3d and enbseries, started up the launcher, accepted the settings it defaulted to and started up the game. No change so far. If anything, after applying this, my GPU maxed out at 99%-100% no matter where i was or what was on screen, and my FPS suffered because of it. But if it’s enabling people to experience this great game and fixing the CTDs, then great work ENB!

I have noticed that this patch seems to make interiors/dungeons more demanding than exteriors...i think it's with shadows. On my system at least - the shadow fix appears to work on interiors but exterior shadows still look jagged. You can still see the black pixel artifacts on the characters face/rocks etc. Inside though they are smoothed but the frames drop as well, which v4 single core tweak helped with, but still looking to pick up a few frames with other tweaks. But the other thing is that if i try other skyrimprefs.ini tweaks with this patch installed it will crash the game. So right now it's an "either/ or" situation. V4 is the least laggy of the ENB patches so far though & really helped power through the loading times.

The 4th patch fixed my framerate problems. I only tried in smaller towns yet, but the game runs fast. I'll check out the bigger cities soon. Though this patch also gave me a new problem, my mouse became "skippy". Sometimes it just skips a little and the crosshair just "teleports" in the direction i was turning, instead of smoothly moving there. Okay, disabling the 2 threading values fixed the mouse problem, the game runs fine now!