Thread: How to fix the Shadow bug in the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

How to fix the Shadow bug in the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

While playing the game of the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game what I found is that the shadows in the game is really disappointing and it only happens in fire lit house in whiterun. Anyone who is playing the game came to such type of issue as I’m facing the shadow issue , I guess it is a bug , so do anyone know how to fix the bug as this shadow is distracting me much while playing in the game.

Re: How to fix the Shadow bug in the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The shadows in Skyrim look like just irritating to begin with unfortunately, but that looks more like a "my video card doesn’t like the way the games lighting works so its drawing wonky shadows in close spaces" issue, which usually ends up being because of outdated drivers or a card that just can’t handle the way the game does shadows.

I have this same bug, and I think it's specific to Breezehome.I also notice some jagged shadows in other places but that doesn't appear to be fixable, as none of the AA options solve it even on ultra settings.

As playing this game, I would say the game has good graphics and came with minimal bug. And I would say that this game is really awesum playing against the dragons , but one thing where you noticed some shadow was near the fire lit house in whiterun. For which I would say it seems really distracting and for which I found out the solution for this which I guess will help you to solve out the issue somewhat as it has worked for me

Did you try touching the fShadowBiasScale parameter in the skyrimpref.ini as
    I had the same issue in rocks and walls, but not so hard, and i fix ir with fShadowBiasScale = 0.5.

I had this in my whiterun house for a bit, close to the firepit, changing shadows from high to medium, save and back to high fixed it though, hasn't happened again in over 20 hours of play.

You can use Windows' Find function to find certain text. Open the ini up in notepad, click to put the cursor at the top, press CTRL+F, choose DOWN for the Direction, put fShadowBiasScale in the box and click Find Next. If it's not there just add it yourself (under the [Display] heading) and save it. Do it in both inis just to be sure.