Thread: Getting annoying message in Batman: Arkham City

Getting annoying message in Batman: Arkham City

I have been playing Batman: Arkham City and I am really liking it as well but then on the third go on I am getting a message saying that “Grapnel Boost over long distances/buildings with the Grapnel Boost upgrade” I don’t remember it correctly but then it was something like this one and this was mentioned at the top of the screen and at the bottom of the screen there was another message saying “xx (hold) Grapnel Boost” and these message stays on the screen while I am roaming in the city and it only goes when I am in a cut scene or indoors. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea to avoid this? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Getting annoying message in Batman: Arkham City

Even I am getting this type of messages and they are really irritating me. I mean that it keeps saying me to power up combos and when I fail to do any task then it says “too soon” and all. I think that the tutorial in the start was enough and I really done need all these occurring when I am playing. It is really ruining the game experience. Is there a way to get rid of this?

I have been playing Batman: Arkham City and I am really liking it as well but then on the third go on I am getting a message saying that “Grapnel Boost over long distances/buildings with the Grapnel Boost upgrade” I don’t remember it correctly but then it was something like this one and this was mentioned at the top of the screen and at the bottom of the screen there was another message saying “xx (hold) Grapnel Boost” and these message stays on the screen while I am roaming in the city and it only goes when I am in a cut scene or indoors. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea to avoid this? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

I think that these might be the hints but then you can just turn it off. I mean that there is a way to turn it off by going in to the system so just go in to the hints and subtitles in the options and then turn it off and then reboot the system and then start the game again and check if they are occurring again or not and let me know what you get. I think that after turning it off they should not occur but then I am not sure about it.

I was facing the same messages again and I will like to share that they will go after you perform the maneuver a few times and I think that these are not just the grapnel boost because I have found that they are in the combat as well and yes even I find them very annoying sometimes. I have also found that when we play in New Game + mode then we don’t get any such messages but then here the problem is that you will be able to play that mode only after you finish the game in normal or hard difficulty and I don’t think that other than this solutions there is a way to turn off those hints and thinking that they will fix this soon sounds to be weird because there are many other glitches that they might be working on. I think that they really have not tested the game well before the launch because there are a no of people who have found a no of glitches with the launch itself and even after all this I have not yet came across any official notifying it which on the other hand is itself annoying. I really that they should address this and solve it out as well and that too as soon as possible.

You can try out the following:
    • Just go in to the WayneTech menu.
    • And then check out for moves and gadgets.
    • After that just highlight the moves and gadgets and then you will get a option to switch on/off tutorials for the specific moves.

Just check it out and then let me know if it is making any difference.

You can try out the following:

* Just go in to the WayneTech menu.
    * And then check out for moves and gadgets.
    * After that just highlight the moves and gadgets and then you will get a option to switch on/off tutorials for the specific moves.

Just check it out and then let me know if it is making any difference.

I have tried the same but then I have found that it is not making any difference. I mean that I have tried to enable/disable tutorials for each move/gadget but then even after disabling it I am still getting those annoying message. I have found that there are options for turning them on and off and even though they have option to turn off hints overall they are actually not working. I mean that I have tried to disable all the hint setting that I have found but then I still get the messages.

Hey guys thanks for all your suggestion but then I just wanted to say that after seeing all the discussion here and after trying out all the solution that has been mentioned here I think that there are no possible chances for us to solve this out because today I have searched for it again in a no of forum and unfortunately I have not found a single effective solution for the same.