Thread: Skyrim companions switching to default ranged weapons in the elder scrolls – skyrim

Skyrim companions switching to default ranged weapons in the elder scrolls – skyrim

I think question is saying the whole thing so I observe that This happens through bow's at all times, I have up till now to discover a companion that will actually make use of the bow I give him/her, I previously tried 3 of them none used the bow I give them, they make use of the armor and shields and melee weapons however not at all the bow I mean are able to anybody please tell me if there is a way to fasten it, I am able to perceive the bow behind on the back and at what time enemy come up to they all presently switch to their default hunting bow still although I remove it from their inventory, as a result what should I do, I’ve tried on one companion giving him 5 dissimilar bow's a few usual some upgraded he is at rest with the hunting bow, he make use of the arrows I give him however not at all any additional bow besides hunting bow, so any fix for this?

Re: Skyrim companions switching to default ranged weapons in the elder scrolls – skyrim

Are you definite he's really with the hunting bow, or is it possibly now that the game makes use of the hunting bow artwork? I estimate what I mean is, possibly the definite stats, enchantment effects, etc, commencing the bow you provide him is actually being used, and however it presently doesn't "appear" that approach?

Re: Skyrim companions switching to default ranged weapons in the elder scrolls – skyrim

possibly you are right, however the thing is sometimes I can perceive the essentially bow I give him on his back however at what time the battle starts he sort of swaps it through the hunting bow, it is actually weird, by the way in the meantime can you attempt what you presently typed for the reason that I don't think I have a bow through enchantment on.

I tested through an enchanted bow and my companion at rest switched to the hunting bow and I did not observe an effect on top of the enemy(as a result it’s not a visual bug), it should have been a green consequence on him it was a stamina reduction enchantment however not anything at all, as a result I’ll say once more it works good on melee weapons,armor,shields however it doesn't work on a ranged weapons, can anybody come up through a fix for this possibly I require to edit a few game file or anything for the reason that its actually getting irritating.

I had the Elf Archer guy commencing the main town (Fandal or whatever) used for eternally. Game him a plain Dwarf bow, after that an enchanted dwarf bow, after that an orc bow all those worked very well. He would make use of the heck out of them and he was actually helpful. After that I gave him an elven bow and it has the entire been downhill commencing there. The elven bow, and then, the enchanted elven bow, the glass bow, and the enchanted glass bow I provide him would ever be position away once combat in fact started in favor of the default bow.

If you access their inventory through the console you can remove their default bow and allow them to equip whatever mad-ass bow you have given them, as follows.

1. Press the console key (~) while your companion is in view.
    2. Click on your companion, when you do this you will see a number on screen.
    3. Type in 'showinventory'
    4. find their default bow and the corresponding number after that (starts with 000)
    5. Type 'removeitem 000xxxxxx (<that number) and then how many you want to take *eg 'removeitem 000c1a16d 1'
    6. Rejoice

You can do this with people in the streets and remove their clothing