Thread: After setting texture quality to automatic Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 does not crash

After setting texture quality to automatic Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 does not crash

I have installed Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 from steam and after installing the game in my computer it has started working fine. now problem is when I set the texture quality of the game to automatic at that time it works properly but when I try to set the texture quality manually at that time it gets crash and gives message that direct x has encountered problem. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

Re: After setting texture quality to automatic Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 does not crash

I think when you are stetting texture quality manually at that time it system is using more memory and that is why it ends up with the crashes. How much RAM do you have in your computer? if you are not using the RAM according to its requirements then you need to upgrade the RAM and then your problem might get solved.

Re: After setting texture quality to automatic Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 does not crash

If you have enough memory in your computer and after that also if you are facing this problem then I think you should first open the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 game in your computer and after opening the game you have to go to the graphic setting of the game and after going in to the graphic setting of the game you have to first change the game resolution and after changing the resolution of the game you have to set the texture quality of the game manually and after setting the texture quality of the game manually you have to check whether is still crashing or not.

As far as I know after changing the resolution when you set the texture quality to manually at that time you will not face the same problem.

Yes I agree with the above solution many times if you run the game with high resolution and then if you increase other graphic option at that time then it crashes the game sometime. By decreasing the resolution of the game you can solve this problem. I hope this solution will be helpful for you.

You have mentioned that you are getting message that message regarding direct x and I think problem occurring because of the Direct X in your computer. I will suggest you to uninstall the Direct X from your computer and after uninstalling the Direct X in your computer you have to also delete all the temporary file from your computer and after deleting the temporary file from your computer you have restart the computer and after restarting the computer you have to install the direct X in your computer and after installing the direct X in your computer you have to start the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 game and after starting the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 game you have to check whether you are experiencing the same problem or not.

Well you should upgrade the Direct X in your computer from the Direct X 9 to Direct X 11 and after doing that you will not face any problem with the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 game. in my computer I am also playing the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 game and I have also installed Direct X 11 and all the things are working properly. I am also not facing any problem while setting the texture quality manually.

If reinstalling the Direct X and upgrading it does not help you to fix this problem then I will suggest you to try to solve this problem by reinstalling the graphic card drivers in your computer and after reinstalling the graphic card drivers you have to launch the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and then you have to check whether you are facing the same problem while setting the texture quality or not.

You have to also check whether you have installed latest graphic drivers in your computer or not. if you have not installed the latest graphic drivers in your computer that first update the drivers and then check whether same problem is occurring or not.

Well I have changed the resolution of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 game and after changing the resolution of the game I have set the texture quality of the game manually and then also I get the same problem. Now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the direct X and updating the direct x but it doesn’t make any difference.

In my computer I have latest graphic drivers installed now please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

In your computer launch any other game and then you have to check whether you are facing the same problem with that game or not. if you are facing the same problem with other game also then I think problem is with the computer and if you are facing problem with the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 game then you should reinstall the game and after that you have to check whether it makes any difference or not.

There was same thing happening with me and after that I have uninstalled the graphic card drivers and motherboard drivers and then I have installed the motherboard drivers and then installed the graphic card drivers and then when I start the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 at that time all the things started working fine.