Thread: Screen flashing and flickering in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Screen flashing and flickering in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hi friends in my computer I have downloaded the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game and while playing this game in my computer I am facing problem. In a dungeon with water my whole screen starts flickering. Don’t know whether problem is with the game or drivers but this problem is frustrating for me. Please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Screen flashing and flickering in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I have read your problem and after reading your problem I want to tell you that if your screen is flickering with this game only then you should change the graphic setting in the in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and after changing the graphic setting in the game you have to check whether same problem coming or not. Many times by changing the graphic setting also this type of problem can get solved.

You have not mentioned anything about your computer configuration? I will suggest you to post your system configuration so that I can give you solution according to that. You should also try to solve this problem by changing the resolution of the in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game. I am telling you this because sometimes playing the game with lower resolution fixes many graphic rated issues.

In my computer I have Nvidia GeForce GTX 580graphic card and intel i3 processor. I am using windows 7 operating system in my computer and I have 4GB RAM. I have also tried to play the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game with different resolution and I have also tried to solve this problem by changing the game setting but still after trying that also I am facing the same problem. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem.

If anyone has solution regarding this then please help me.

The FIX for this problem is to turn off the V-sync option in the game and after turning off the V-sync option in this game you will not get any issues. I am suggesting you this solution because there was similar problem occurred in my computer also and after that I have first thought that problem is with the Direct X and after that I have reinstalled the Direct X in my computer and after reinstalling the Direct X in my computer also I was facing the same problem. Now after that I have searched the internet regarding this problem and after that I come to know that by turning on the V-sync option I can solve this issue and after that I have turn on the V-sync option and after turning off the V-sync option in my game all the problem get solved. I think you should also try to solve this problem by turning on the v-sync option and then your problem might get solved.

If you need any more information then let me know.

You have mentioned that you are using Nvidia GeForce GTX 580graphic card in your computer and that is why I would like to tell you that you should download the MSI Graphics Driver 285.62 driver and after downloading that drivers in your computer you have to install that drivers and afar installing that drivers in your computer you have to launch the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game and after that you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not.

You have to also make sure that you uninstall the previous drivers from your computer before installing the new drivers.

If you want to download the latest drivers for the Nvidia GeForce GTX 580graphic card then you should click here DOWNLOAD and after clicking on the download you have to click on the download button and then click on the agree and download and then your problem will get solved.

Many users with nvidia card are facing the same problem even after turning on the V-sync option. this problem occurs when you V-sync option is turn off in nvidia control panel and user turn on the V-sync option from game only. If you are also facing the same problem after turning the V-sync option then you should first open the Nvidia control panel and after opening the Nvida control panel you have to turn on the V-sync option and afetr doing that start the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game and afetr that check whether same problem is occurring or not. I hope after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

If you are facing the same problem after trying above solution also then you should also try to solve this problem by downloading the new version of the Nvidia control panel and after downloading the new version of the Nvidia control panel you have to install it in your computer and after that you have to check whether it makes any difference or not.

Reinstalling the Nvidia control panel in my computer has solved this issue. After reading your solution I have first tried to solve this problem by turning on the v-sync option from Nvidia control panel but that didn’t make any difference and after that I have reinstalled the Nvidia control panel and then my problem get solved. Thank you for helping me.