Thread: How to get jack out of the car in Need for Speed The Run

How to get jack out of the car in Need for Speed The Run

Anyone help me to do this? What controls plan to x, a, and b in the game? This is insane and I possibly asking for a refund. I wish to drive and I can't even come out of the car. I have my keyboard, mouse, and G25 steering wheel hooked up. Please if anyone has any idea about this than help me to solve this.

Re: How to get jack out of the car in Need for Speed The Run

I too am having the similar trouble to get Jack out of the car at the very beginning of the game to no benefit. I have the PC version with the Momo wheel, not anything seems to work, and I attempted the whole thing and cannot continue the game. I really hate the way these games are designed for consoles and it looks like the PC version is always an afterthought.

It's actually more than the snap-in console controller functions are afterthoughts. ENTER key maps for B and X the space for the default keyboard controls. On another controller / wheel inputs your best bet is to go to the game controls and see what is assigned and map something else you prefer to use. Now I say that, but I had my own problems with the assignment of the keys to something else, but I have a steering wheel controller to prove that my problem is the same with other drivers. Try to map a different key; the driver has to see what he says.

Not sure regarding "B/enter", it (Xbox B button) is the "Back" command in the menus, could be the Escape character. Escape does "Back" in the menus, Enter does admit in menus. I am utilizing a G27 and the LB/RB combo to dodge of the car is to push both paddles jointly (shift up/down). Possibly Acc/Brake jointly as well works.

For me X is Enter and B is spacebar. I do not understand how we all have different keys for the same action? Even if not using the default settings of the keys must be linked to any of the keys are not interchangeable or double keys for the same action. In this way, everyone would know what each one. The way now seems to alter these precise buttons, we can switch to use and who knows what? When you diverge from the default settings. What a mess!

Not anything exhibits for me when it comes to utilizing the keyboard or the wheel to get Jack out of the car. I read all the messages, but cannot obtain the keys or buttons to do what others are talking. I can do to the challenges and Momo steering wheel is functioning well, but cannot do anything else. EA / Black Box is really bad this time. I wish I had the game back to the store and my money back, but it will not do with the game that opens. I read a forum that suggested the game right click on the source and the choice of repair facility. I did and he did go back through my system, and even download a 51 MB patch, but I still think my computer is an Xbox.

Do you have any USB devices currently connected that could be in conflict? Do you have all the peripherals that are installed on your PC that may be causing this problem? Since the reports on the removal of or disabling specific peripherals target peripheral software to solve this problem we need to gather more concrete specifications it's affecting people - the more we understand this we hope to address soon for everyone. Thanks in advance for the information everyone is offering, is very useful for us. I just wanted to make sure we're investigating this right now with the hope that we can help solve their problems quickly.

My PC has a Logitech LX710 Wireless Keyboard and Logitech wheel. When the two are connected to any of the keys or buttons act as X or B, B, which seems to be my ESC key, just takes me out of the screen, a pause. If you unhook the USB wheel, the keyboard works, in part, the display shows the use of X as the enter key, but while it illustrates the space bar and the B, not anything occurs. This is getting frustrating, I can play the challenges and multiplayer is pretty fun, but cannot play the main role of the game.

Looks like this game was designed to frustrate....I disconnected my G25 wheel to get out the car at the start and furiously bashed the space bar and esc keys to get out the crusher.
    Been playing a while and just got to another button bashing section...and looks like I must unhook the damn wheel again as nothing seems to be a button B with it connected

I found the space bar to work for A and B and enter to work for X and Y. Hope this is helpful..I am using a MOMO wheel and this works with it connected.
    Last edited by 9500RPM; 02-12-2011 at 07:23 AM.