Thread: Unable to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 online due to negative XP

Unable to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 online due to negative XP

i have started playing the game mentioned above online, and Pressed F and joined up with my friends. I am about level 26 or so at this point and we loaded the map and started playing. And the strange thing starts over here as I killed one person in the game and got a 98548721 XP message pop up in its place of the normal 100 XP message. And let me guys aware as you as this is a huge negative number. So i thought at that time as it seemed strange so I quit the game. But from that day whenever i try to play online I get disconnected from the game without delay and this means I CANNOT play the game online as planned. Anyways any suggestion for the same?

Re: Unable to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 online due to negative XP

See i would like to recommend you that you should try to play the game on dedicated servers rather than such already made servers, and hence you have gotten the message i don’t think you’ll be able to play the game joining that server again.

- i am agree with the above user as you should try to play on dedicated servers while this trouble gets sorted out, or a result becomes known? On servers, your XP isn't add up so you won’t get detached again and again.
    Not a great deal comfort, but at least you can obtain to play the game for the meantime

Suggestions: You make your traditional rather custom classes for dedicated servers in Play/Private Match/Create-a-Class. Your IWNet classes do not work on servers, so you have to create new ones. But everything is unlocked, so you can construct your kits however you desire.

That sounds quite good but still will you please let me know how to create that custom classes with the game as i haven’t done that. And really thanks for the above suggestion, i’ll surely try that.

Though i am agree with the above user but still you can have another option as well like i would say you should attempt resetting your stats manually. For that you have to simply go to the Modern Warfare 3 folder then 'players' and remove all the .stats files. after that go to the Steam folder >> userdata >> and start penetrating the 'remote' folders which are within the folders with arbitrary numbers until you discover the files 'iw5_md202ef8d' and 'iw5_md202ef8d.bak' or somewhat like that. I am not sure if they are the same files for everyone but surely they look like the almost similar thus remove them as well. And this will surely reset your rank and no doubt you can play with any server again.

When i was searching about the creating and joining the dedicated servers and creating class i got the thread from here itself, and would like to recommend you that you should at least have a glance over here .