Thread: Disc Damaged Error for Batman Arkham City

Disc Damaged Error for Batman Arkham City

I am having a Disc Damaged Error for Batman Arkham City I have by now tried 3 copies of the game but then I am getting the same error for the patch (11/9) .I have also found that My save file are there but then also the game get crashed at the battle against the Penguin and it gives me a Disc Damaged Error all the time. I have also found a no of people facing the same problem but then I have not found a solution yet. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me to sort out? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Disc Damaged Error for Batman Arkham City

Even I am facing the same and I have not found any official response for the same even though there are a no of people who have raise this issue. I think that getting a copy of this game is really a waste of money. I had bought the disc 3 days before and I was getting the same disc read error so I thought that there might be something wrong with the cd, so I got it replaced with a new one but then I was getting the same error for the new one as well. I have also cleaned the disc a no of times and it does not have a single scratch as well but then I don’t know that why is it not working. I have never faced the same problem with my other xbox game but this one is really pissing me out. I have heard that they will be coming up with a new patch to fix this problem but then I am not very sure about the same. Is there anyone who has an idea about this?

Even I am facing the same and I have not found any official response for the same even though there are a no of people who have raise this issue. I think that getting a copy of this game is really a waste of money. I had bought the disc 3 days before and I was getting the same disc read error so I thought that there might be something wrong with the cd, so I got it replaced with a new one but then I was getting the same error for the new one as well. I have also cleaned the disc a no of times and it does not have a single scratch as well but then I don’t know that why is it not working. I have never faced the same problem with my other xbox game but this one is really pissing me out. I have heard that they will be coming up with a new patch to fix this problem but then I am not very sure about the same. Is there anyone who has an idea about this?
    I don’t think that there has been any such news by now but then I have just heard that they have been working on it and I think that if there is any such update to be released then there would have been an official response by now. Even I am waiting to get a solution for the same and I just wish that we could sort out this as soon as earlier. Till then I think that I will have to enjoy the other games.

I think that I have a solution for it but then I am not very sure if it is a true solution for it because I have got different replies for the same but then this one has actually solved the problem for me and I did not got any error popup again and by now I have beat the Solomon and The Penguin as well. Just check it out and see if it is making any difference:
    • First Sign into the Xbox live if it is possible.
    • After that just play a couple of music from your HDD
    • And after that Start the game and then you should not get the same error.

I think that you might be luck with this solution because I have tried the same and unfortunately it5 is not working for me and I will also like to say that this solution does not appear to be any kind of technical solution so how come it is working for you. I just wanted to know that if you have discovered this solution on your own or you have found it somewhere because it is really not making any difference.