Thread: Unable to install Jurassic Park: The Game on Mac OS

Unable to install Jurassic Park: The Game on Mac OS

Hi, i have downloaded the game that’s mentioned in the title but having problem running it with the mac OS, don’t know what could be the problem as i have download almost everything known to me but still no LUCK. Actually after the achievement of the download, I placed the DMG setup file in 'applications' as you're supposed to do with all MAC programs but when i went to open it, it said the file could not be recognized. I attempted opening it in disk utility but that didn't help however, wondering if anybody else has the similar difficulty, or if anyone's found the solution. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Unable to install Jurassic Park: The Game on Mac OS

see it would be better if you simply post your system information so that i can help you in better way, it might be possible that there could be some problem because of that only.

actually I’ve just realized that i haven't updated my mac os software in a while, do you think this could have any effect on it? And anyways see i have mentioned the system configuration below.

Mac OS X
    Version 10.6.8
    Memory 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    Processor 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5
    Startup Disk Macintosh HD

Please leave a suggestion as it is badly needed.

Actually I’ve just realized that i haven't updated my mac os software in a while, do you think this could have any effect on it?
    Well over here i would say system update didn't formulate any disparity. I don't know the system information very well but it's a macbook right so off course the configuration would be good, but i think surely there could be some problem with the .DMG file that you have downloaded. Have you tried running the same on any other mac running machine?

i think there could be some real problem with the file that you have downloaded to your machine, because i have also downloaded the game once for the machine and everything works perfectly for me though i am using MAC OS.

Thus, according to me you should either download the game again in your machine and see what happens and if suppose you are getting the same problem then you should buy the game from the store and try to install it from there.

see that could not be the only problem with the MAC dude, anyways see i have mentioned all the steps perfectly in order to install the game in MAC. I would say this is actually a mounting problem with the game and thus i would like to recommend you that you should try to follow the below mentioned steps .

• Control-click or simply right click with two-button mouse to the .dmg file.
    • Now Go to "Open With" and choose Disk Utility

• This will open the Disk Utility and over here you have to MAKE SURE only the "JurassicPark100_Setup.dmg" is the file chosen.

• Hit the Convert push button. It's on the top of the toolbar in the Disk Utility window.

• Modify the image format to "read only", select a destination as I had picked the Desktop, you should select the one whichever you want, and hit "Save".

• click the new .dmg file you have formed. Now Jurassic Park will mount properly, and you can drag the JP folder onto your computer as normal.

I am completely agree with the above user as i have done the same thing whatever mentioned above and everything works fine but see if suppose you are still pursuing the same problem then i think it would be better if you mentioned all the thing perfectly as you must be having any problems or error message while you try to mount the file, thus mentioned it over here so that we could help you better.

Hey thanks dude for your kind help as i have done the thing that you have mentioned and really, it is working again. I appreciate your work.