Thread: Elevated Elf wins The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Elevated Elf wins The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

First of all racial bonuses should not have 24H cool down. This is really bad and the only thing it does is making people forget it or not just bother to use them. Since almost nobody use those, then there is almost no differe between the races. Therefore the winner is high elf. This starts with 50 more mana as compared to other races. This is the reason that racial abilities must be either passive otherwise toogle, ''for example, high elf could have a passive mana rate at 10-15% higher and Orc could have 20% more life and nords 20% bigger.

Re: Elevated Elf wins The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I would like to tell racial powers have always been that way. People would just rage harder if they changed yet another thing from previous games.

Powers are not the sort of thing that you are supposed to use every time when you go into a dungeon. They are meant for epic battles, dragons, giants, that sort of thing. My redguard's adrenaline rush has made a number of fights that had been impossible. Just don’t expect to use them as often as you use a healing spell, they don’t work that way. Honestly, they're far more balanced in Skyrim than in Oblivion. In Oblivion, you got nice stuff like the ability to summon a level 4 ghost otherwise to control a level 5 animal.

I am not sure about this. All other races compete in ways that can't be offset by five levels of stat-distribution. Most of the races have powerful resistances. Imperials get more wealth than any other race (Coins tend to multiply when they open containers). Khajiit claws have higher base damage than any one-handed weapon in the game.

I found that the warriors are the most powerful in this game (annoyingly, being a mage), read into that what you will as regards of the strongest characters. I have to say though, I think the Breton's 25% magicka is by far the best starting stat. 50 points of magicka is good but that is not amazing.

Dunmer is what I went for just because I like them the most since morrowind. Their 50% fire resist is pretty awesome considering this is a quest in which you randomly encounter dragons. The once-a-day powers have always been last-resort things. Considering the length of dungeons and traveling time I only really do one or two in a game day anyway and so having a fall back when you come up against a tough fight is great. Same as scrolls, they are one off expensive items but can make the difference between getting through a boss fight and having to turn back. High elf has a weakness to magic to offset that bonus you mention. They get to use more magic but is it worth it when on the receiving end of already powerful magic attacks?

I found the racial to be useful in OH moments(dragons, bosses, giants). Unfortunately my racial never did compensate for the lichens incredible backpedal. I was condemned to watch him backpedal into the sunset hurling lightning bolts at me.