Thread: Requirements for Dual Wield character in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Requirements for Dual Wield character in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Here I am trying to Dual Wield character but I need some requirements or I can say any ideas about how to do this. I don't want to do any sneaky assassin stuff, I'd like to just use mace/axe/sword and be like Lancelot from the king Arthur movie just tearing through people. My question is, what races would you suggest (does it really matter that much?), and I obviously want to go with heavy armor. Is there anything I should focus on other than those skills, and which perks should I shoot for early on?

Re: Requirements for Dual Wield character in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Choose whatever you want, a 5 skill level headstart isn't going to matter. Unless you just want to be a whirlwind of death for a minute a day, pick Orc. Orc Berserker Rage would be anyone's logical first choice, but it kind of makes everything too easy. Your next logical choice would probably be Redguard, super fast stamina regen.

I'm a level 10 Nord Dual Wield. I've never had issues without a block, but my two swords do 38 and 35 respectively, so fights don't last too long. I don't use potions (yet) and I only have a companion when I know my loot will overencumber me. I am leveling up 1 hand, speech, heavy armor and smithing. The smith at Whiterun, who runs the skyforge, I "bought" levels of smithing from him (helps create the better weapons). Of the 10 level ups, 8 have gone health, and 2 have gone stamina. This is my first real experience with an Elder Scrolls game - what am I missing by not using a block? Is it just increased armor, or is there an actual "moves" that I can do that blocks attacks? My armor is right around 100 right now.

I would go Orc but something inside me doesn't want to play one at all, they feel so evil. Red guard would definitely be a good choice. What about skills/perks wise? Should I level anything outside of those? I only ask because I totally ruined a character leveling crafting skills already so I'm trying to be careful.