Thread: Does anyone else travel Solitude to Riften on foot in the elder scrolls - skyrim

Does anyone else travel Solitude to Riften on foot in the elder scrolls - skyrim

For the most important quest, they necessitate you to go from Solitude, to Riverwood, to Riften. Seeing as how I made an oath to not at all fast travel, I aim to stick through it. If you look on top of the map, Solitude to Riften is literally the whole map. I was wondering, has somebody else done this?

Re: Does anyone else travel Solitude to Riften on foot in the elder scrolls - skyrim

I come across a dragon along the way at Labyrinthian and it was the majority epic dragon battle of all time. I don't wear armor, so I had to make use of the giant rocks for cover; however that's what made it outrageously interesting. My alchemy skill has turn out to be my greatest ally in battle. My poisons that damage up to 40 healths at this point are essentially what help me through those wonderful intense battles.

Re: Does anyone else travel Solitude to Riften on foot in the elder scrolls - skyrim

This game is totally pleasing me and it's the complete thing I knew it would be. I presently wander the forest gathering alchemical supplies take them back on the way to my home within Whiterun and make potions. At what time I'm not making potions, I'm selling them to the variety of places in my travels as I continue the main quest. Slowly however definitely I'm getting it done not fast traveling makes the game SO intense. At what time I finally arrived at Riften, I didn't even want to do the quest. I got a room at one of the inns, visited all the shops, and still did a little side quest. Once I was satisfied with my time spent in Riften, then I continued the search for the old man.

The practical feeling of these games is absolutely one of the top selling points for me and I critically thought regarding doing the complete non fast travel thing however decided I didn't have sufficient time for it. I'm certainly going to eventually make a character that I do that with though. I do however play on expert as I felt the encounters on adept were a little too easy.

I've made the journey as well. The game actually is so much superior at what time you don't make use of things like fast-travel or markers. Those who do utilize such features are only experiencing a fraction of the game's awesomeness in my opinion.

I make use of the carriages, at the moment presently fast travel around. There's a lot that I'm missing, which is enormous! My quest log is packed, and if I go on foot it would be too much for me to handle! This games going to last a long time. I will simply fast travel if I have a ton of stuff I require to sell or go store stuff at my house. Other than that no fast travels for me. It makes the game longer and more interesting too. I've leveled up like 12 times on 'the road'. My favorite thing so far is killing a death lord, the one at labyrinthia is insanely hard! I fought him as a battle mage, had to discover a spot to confuse him - using a pillar as a sheild. No way of beating him any additional technique, each time he hit me my life dropped like 50 points.

I go from Whiterun to High Hrothgar on foot. That is fatigueing. Subsequent to that I had to go over near solitude for the subsequently part of the quest. I was actually mentally fatigued commencing walking that far. Accordingly I walked down to the town at the foot of the mountain and after that fast traveled to whiterun, and subsequently walked all the way to solitude.

I don’t consider I'm going to quick travel another time; however I was so burnt after that hike. It's so hard getting wherever and the roads aren’t extremely well marked and I get distracted easily. So finding out I desirable go around a longer way to get around to the right side of the mountain aggravated me. There were tons of shortcuts within Oblivion; I hardly ever stuck to the roads. However in Skyrim, you absolutely require to stick to the roads to get wherever without running into an impassible hill, a long fall or a extremely wide river with no visible banks on the other side.

At what time you find a short cut within this game, it's such a mental relief. As soon as I got to Dragons Bridge I essentially stayed for quite a moment, drinking mead and just sitting, because traveling just burnt me out. I actually thank the gods when I run across an inn at the present in the middle of the night, where within Oblivion I would just hightail it right by, I require a break and a glass of mead, I've been walking for a half hour IRL and a lot of hours in game. I've as well become aware of the hotels are a lot more reasonably priced. In Oblivion some places charged hundreds of gold per night and you hardly ever required them. In this game they're all ten gold a night and you actually necessitate them, if just for a break.

I don't fast travel. I make use of horse or the cart system. I simply fast travel if I have to walk among somewhere used for a trivial reason and have done so 3 times during a row earlier. I as well walk most of the time and don't run; if I do run I jog short expanse and at that moment walk another time much similar to you would in person.

For the first 30 levels I barely fast traveled, ever, only on the few occasions when I was traveling through an area I had already cleansed of interest. But after that I have begun fast travelling more and more, as the random encounters have begun to. Sometimes let the enemies attack me for a while to level Heavy Armor.

I am able to actually recommend the No Fast Travel move toward, and I would articulate it's necessary to acquire the full experience early on as then everything you face is new/interesting/beautiful/challenging/rewarding/pure overwhelming. And indeed even later on in the game it is able to still be quite fun to just go out and explore.

I simply use fast travel by the use of carriage ride since it's a realistic in-game option. I can't stay until a mod allows us to sight the carriage ride in real time and adds carriages to the entire cities, not presently the major ones. I highly recommend not at all using the map fast travel. It perceptibly takes a lot longer, however you get much, much more out of the game through running or riding all over the place.

If I'm performing things for a quest, I'll make use of fast travel or the cart system. On the other hand, when I presently would like to explore or go to a new city, I go on foot. I presently hate walking somewhere for a quest, finishing it, and after that having to walk back just to wrap it up.