Thread: Argonian character on Imperial/Stormcloak in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Argonian character on Imperial/Stormcloak in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I had just started playing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. I am playing as Argonian in the game. I want some help to get on the Imperial/Stormcloak conflict. In this game the Argonian are more or less treated like crap in Windhelm by Stormcloak, and the legion seems a bit too formal for them. Does an Argonian have a place on either side. Like I said, I want to get it on this but I may just have to make a Nord character or something, which I don't particularly want to do.

You are right about Argonians. They ares pretty much treated like crap everywhere in the Empire, except for Black Marsh. It would have been cooler if your race and sex could bar you from certain activities. Joining the Stormcloak as anything but a Nord, for example, shouldn't be possible. I think the Argonian would be better off siding with Ulfric. They are at least paid for their work now. If the Empire took over the Altmer would be in charge, and I believe they would give the Argonian quite a hard time. Hell, they even think of men as inferiors, so what's a lizard to them? They'd probably enslave the beast races all over again.

I am playing as an Orc and I had joined the Legion. I think the Orsimer are the least favored race. Sure, the Dunmer and Argonian may hate each other. The Legion, here is being guided by duty, utilitarianism, and meritocracy that gave the Orcs the chance to prove their worth, and provided the stepping stone to (grudging) acceptance by the citizens of the Empire. Though the other races, and even the average Imperial may dislike us, the Imperial Elites know our value. Maybe the Argonian could hope for something similar.

Re: Argonian character on Imperial/Stormcloak in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I am here joining the Stormcloak. My Argonian is an assassin, and I feel his talents fit better with the Stormcloak. Ulfric isn't that bad. He's been nice to my Argonian, and it seems his racism he has is something that can be ignored. Sometime it feels that I am critically wrong about the Empire and Legion. The Aldmeri Dominion and Thalmor are the Empire's enemies, not masters. The two are the superpowers of Tamriel. They had just fought one of the bloodiest conflicts in Tamrielic history a mere 20-30 years ago, and though they're currently at peace, more war between the two is simply inevitable because of Thalmor expansionism.

Yes, I have to say that I have more loyalty to my morality than to my race or nationality. That said, the way the game sets up this conflict leaves me seriously conflicted. Ulfric is hardly a noble leader, and I have a loyalty to the unity of the empire, especially in the face of outside aggression. However, this does not particularly excuse the authoritarian tactics used, and I especially will not abide by their religious discrimination, even if it was forced upon them not entirely willingly.